cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New to full fibre 150, but...

briantrumpet1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 54 of 54

Hi,

I'm finding my way around my new Eero router, and doing speed tests on wifi via fast.com, but so far mostly only getting about 40Mb/s, although got one at 150 (see attached). The loaded latency seems to jump all over the place when testing.

Looking at the Eero app, the 2.4GHz channel is going over the 40% congested mark once I'm using the laptop, but the 5GHz channel looks to be unused. 

Is there a trick I'm missing here?

Thanks.

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53

Message 1 of 54

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear this and I'll let the team know 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 54

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk  - seems to be stable on the 5G band this morning, thanks. 🤞🤞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 54

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 54

When on the 2.4GHz band you are restricted to a theoretical link speed of only 72bps. You can force the connection by using this freeware called WiFiInfoView from Nirsoft:-

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 54

@magames wrote:

Hi @briantrumpet1, have you tried forcing 5Ghz on Windows?

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-force-5ghz-wi-fi-windows-11/

Ha, tried that earlier, and it seemed to make no difference, as it was already selected as the preference. But have just toggled the flight mode on and off, and it's switched over to 5GHz, on channel 36. All a bit weird!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 54
0 Likes

briantrumpet1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 54

Just to update...

Eero seems to be solid on channel 42 on 5GHz band, but for some reason my laptop has stopped using that channel, so back to about 50Mb/s on the 2.4GHz band. The mobile is happy on 150Mb/s. I'm in contact with @KeithFrench  about what next, and have sent him NetSpot screencaps. I suspect it's my laptop rather than the Eero now, but will update as and when.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 54

Hi brian,

Just before I left yesterday I saw an update advising that a change has been made. I'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

briantrumpet1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 54

@Michelle-TalkTalk  @KeithFrench 

Update - there seems to have been an update, and I'm now on channel 42 on 5Ghz, and fast.com says download speed of 160Mb/s, and upload 38Mb/s, so fingers crossed... will monitor over the next day or two, but thanks for your help so far!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 54

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk - I appreciate your efforts!

🤞🤞

0 Likes

Message 11 of 54

Hi,

I understand. I'll see if there is an alternative solution.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 54

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk . If Eero aren't going to do anything to resolve it (but let's hope they do, quickly), I wonder if there's an alternative router option...? If every new Full Fibre customer is going to end up with the same problem, this is going to be a major issue for Talktalk.

Message 13 of 54

Hi brian,

I'm really sorry. Our devices manager is still liasing with eero about this and I'll continue to chase this daily for you until we have an update/resolution.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 54

Still no change, @Michelle-TalkTalk . It would be nice to know if and when this is going to be dealt with, please, given that there are several of us with the same issue. I realise it's not for want of you asking, but I'm not yet convinced that it's being actioned higher up the chain with any urgency.

Message 15 of 54

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've sent a chaser to the devices manager earlier this morning so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 16 of 54

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk  - and yes, still stuck on ch 155 and no further firmware update this morning.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 54

Morning,

Apologies, I'll chase this with the team now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 54

Hi @briantrumpet1 

I have no idea how it is going to be deployed, that was not disclosed to me. I guess we have to leave it until at least Monday first thing, as the weekend is obviously not up as yet. I may not have any access to this forum tomorrow for a while, as my full fibre upgrade is taking place sometime in the morning.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

briantrumpet1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 19 of 54

I had high hopes that the Eero update this evening was going to resolve the channel 155 issue, but seems it was just an update for the Eero 7. My Eero 6 is still stuck on the virtually unusable channel 155.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 54

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk  - at the moment it's still on channel 155 (Friday 6.30pm), so will be keeping fingers crossed Eero can do an update to overcome the problem over the weekend.

Brian

0 Likes