cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No Exteranal IP Address for Eero6

Will2126
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

Please can someone help urgently. This seems to be a common problem and the solution seems to be down to the Line Profile that no one on the phone at Talk Talk can understand. They are booking engineer visits and I know the line is working as Openreach tested it when it was installed. If anyone can help me ASAP that would be helpful as I have no Internet and need it on for my son to complete his A Level coursework. The Eero6 just keeps saying No External IP Address. The light on the Eero 6 is Blue and there are 3 solid green lights on the open reach ONS box.

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 60

Some people have said on other threads in the forum that the ONT's serial number needs uploading to a (presumably) TalkTalk system. I have no way of knowing if this is correct though.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 42 of 60

Just to update this thread. After another 3hrs on the phone to Tech support and eventually being passed over to an account manager I still have no Internet and no one is any the wiser as to why. The account manager has organised for a Talk Talk engineer to come out tomorrow Sat 6/5/23 between 12 - 3pm. I will update progress once the engineer has been.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 60

Hi,

Apologies, I don't have a direct number that I can provide for this team. This is the team that we use for internal escalations.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 60

Is there a phone number I can contact them on. Sorry but I want it sorting as so far I have not had any help whatsoever and feel reluctant just to keep waiting around. I would much rather speak to someone now about it so is there a phone number I can contact the faults team directly on. As I really don't want to ring tech support again if the faults team are a seperate department from the faults team. If they are the same department then I will ring them now. 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 60

Hello,

The team advised that they will look into this so I'm hoping to hear back soon. It's possible that they may contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 60

How long will that take and is there a phone number that I can speak to the faults team on. I am presuming they are seperate than the tech support on the phone. It is now a week with no Internet and really need it sorting ASAP as my son and daughter have A Level coursework to complete and revision for their final exams which are coming up and we are all running out of Mobile Data fast. 

0 Likes

Message 47 of 60

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our faults team now and will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 48 of 60

Just to update this thread. I am now at my wits end as no - one can or seems to be able to solve this problem. Openreach Engineer came on Tuesday and nothing wrong with the line the ONT has a good feed but nothing coming out of it, he said there must be a fault or wrong setting on the line configuration which Talk Talk control. After 3hrs on phone on Tuesday and multiple 20 minute resets was told had faulty Eero. New Eero arrived today and surprise surprise still not working as no External IP address. Phoned Tech support and they have basically not got a clue and bang on 8pm hung up on me as it was hometime. Very poor customer service. I will be back on phone at 8am and someone needs to get my internet connected. I cannot believe that so many customers have the same issue yet no one knows how to fix it. It is an absolute scandal and very poor. We are just meant to waste our time for hours and hours on the phone with no solution just keep resetting everything for 20 mins. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes

Message 49 of 60

Hi Will,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 50 of 60

Hi

Still no joy. Tech support on phone trying to tell me it is a faulty Eero bit if I connect another device directly to the ONT box there is no Internet coming through. The Openreach Engineer has said it is something to do with the line configuration and has nothing to do with the equipment. Tech Support have now said I have to wait 2 - 3 days for a new Eero to be delivered before they can go any further. But that won't solve the problem if there is no Internet coming out of the ONT. Surely someone can help me and someone can sort the line configuration out.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 60

Hi Karl,

Openreach just been. Nothing wrong with line as I stated. Still no Internet and still no external IP address is the fault. Openreach Engineer has said it is something to do with the line configuration which Talk Talk are responsible for and should be able to fix. The ONT is getting Internet to it but nothing coming out of it so that part is down to Talk Talk. I am currently on the phone to Tech support at Talk Talk who haven't got a clue. Is there any help you can give me. I am now losing my temper as we just keep going around in circles and not getting anywhere all I get out of them is to power down for 20 mins then switch everything back on and ring them back after 20 minutes. I am now on another 20 minute power down and have to call back at 10.40am. Over 5 hours of phone calls so far and still no Internet after 4 days, 2 engineers ( 1 to put the fibre line in and 1 to check it today ) and no one seems to know what the problem is just keep switching off and back on again. Surely someone knows how to set the account / line configuration up properly somewhere within Talk Talk. If not then you shouldn't be offering the service until everyone is trained up on how to set everything up properly. It is getting beyond a joke now and that is from a customer who has been with Talk Talk for a lot of years.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 60

Hi

OK, report back here as soon as the engineer has been so we can follow up on this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 60

Hi Karl,

I will await the Engineer tomorrow and see what he says.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 60

Hi

I'm showing there is no authentication here, and with this type of scenario, it will usually require an Openreach engineer, so we can see what the engineer finds, and we can then liaise with our Full Fibre Teams from here to get this resolved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 60

Hi Karl,

Thanks for coming back to me. My concern is that there is nothing wrong with the line and it has something to do with the line set up. It hasn't worked since the line was installed. Openreach checked the line and was fine from their point of view on Friday when they fitted it and they insisted the fault lay with TalkTalk as originally Talk Talk hadnt switched my account over or activated the fibre on my account. I will wait for the engineer to come tomorrow but I am not happy as surely the line should of been activated before the engineer left on Friday when it was installed so it could be checked working before they left but Talk Talk didn't switch the line on / swap my account over until 3 hrs after the engineer had left and still no Internet coming through it.

0 Likes

Message 56 of 60

Hi

A profile change is only applicable for City Fibre circuits, not Openreach as in this case, so not something we can do.  If the engineer is due out Tuesday, lets see what his findings are and then we can take it from there.

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 60

I will ask them to deal with this for you, please make sure that your Community profile is up to date.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 60

Done all that. Got an engineer booked for Tuesday but looking at a lot of previous talk talk customers with the same problem it needs the line profile changing by talk talk which the representatives on the forum seem to be able to do quite easily but the ones on phone and online support in the call centres haven't got a clue how to do it. Hence why I have posted on here and hopefully a representative will be in on Monday on here. The openreach engineer who installed it yesterday tested the line and their equipment and all was OK and the fault lay with Talk Talk not setting the line account up properly. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 60

There can be various causes to this problem. Have you tried power down the ONT for at least 30 mins. Then try connecting a wired PC if you have one, directly into the ONT in place or the Eero. Does that work?

If it is still the same then it might need an engineer to site to upload the ONT's serial number to the network.

There are no TalkTalk staff available on this forum this weekend and a small number are in on the bank holiday.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, if you want help via this forum, please make sure that your community profile is up to date. It needs to include your first & last names, account number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith