cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero6 - No External IP Address - No Internet Connection

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

So I've seen this issue a few times on this message board and I have had zero luck with either the call centre or the live messenger. The fixes suggested to me are usually turn it off and back on again. The main issue is that the fibre connection seems to be live, but the eero6 is not able to get an external IP address. I think, from reading other posts, that this is an issue that needs a few settings or permission changes from TalkTalk. It's highly unlikely to be a hardware issue or an open reach issue.

Neal

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

OK thanks I've passed this to our Future Fibre team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 19

Hey Chris,

Still no IP address. No Internet.

Neal

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Neal,

Thanks for trying that. No it's not the same issue as that problem only occurs on City Fibre circuits

Could you just confirm that it's still not working and I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team for further investigation

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 19

Hi Chris, same issue. No external IP address. Are you sure this isn't a similar problem to this post:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/No-external-ip-address-eero/td-p/2946730

Here the solution was:

"I've changed the line profile, the profile that you were on doesn't work with the Eero."

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

That's fine, whenever is convenient

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 19

Hi Chris,

I'll do this shortly. Unfortunately, I am at work and will have to pop home to do this.

Neal

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Neal,

Our provisioning team have confirmed that your service is live so there's no reason for the eero not to connect. Could you switch the ONT and eero off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19
0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 19

Thanks Chris!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Thanks. The order is showing complete on the Openreach poral but doesn't appear to be complete on our systems. I'll ask our provisioning team to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 19

You should have everything you need at this point. I am worried that at this pace this issue will not be resolved in time for the weekend, where I will need an active internet connection and fear I will not be able to contact TalkTalk support.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 19

I've replied to your PM.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Thanks. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 19

Done!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thanks, could you also add the account number to the private notes section of your community profile

Chris

0 Likes

nealeero6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

I've just updated all the community info you wanted.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi Neal,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes