cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Unwanted Upgrade

David186
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I keep receiving emails stating that I'm eligible for a Full Fibre upgrade and that an Engineer appointment has been scheduled.

Despite contacting the "loyalty" team to inform them that I do not wish to have the upgrade, I continue to receive the upgrade emails.

Can anyone suggest what I can to to make sure its understood that I do not wish to be upgraded and stop the continued onslaught of upgrade eamils. Or is the only option to cancel my account and move to another provider.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

HI @David186 

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

landline telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

@qswi014 

All providers are incentivised to offer Full Fibre where possible. I agree that this can be annoying and I am sorry to read of your own experience.

The fact remains, which I made as a direct response to the point raised by the original poster, is that the chances of moving to another copper-based provider are small and getting smaller. 

qswi014
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

The  issue here is that Talktalk are mass mailing their 'free upgrades' primarily on the back of a lucrative deal with Cityfibre.

The copper close date is a secondary issue stretching into 2025 and very likely to slip anyway.

I was sent several of the 'take it or take it' offers back in Feb 23 none of which I responded too.

This didnt stop Cityfibre turning up on the TT  'sugested date' to install their fibre !

I told them there was no order and they left, soon after Talktalk also sent me a cable for the same non order.

In Sep/Oct 23 new Cityfibre 'offers' came but this time for an unsolicited install date of  27 Oct 23.

This time I called the queries number on the offer email to say specifically I dont want Cityfibre.

The TT fibre person I spoke to said she would cancel the appointment.

Then she said her computer was having a problem and could not cancel but dont worry Cityfibre wont come. Call ended.

On 09 Oct 23 11:52 I arrive home from shopping to find two Cityfibre vans bocking my drive and starting work despite noone beeing home. I told them to leave and said there is No Order, they tell me City do this a lot.

Cityfibre is a company that Talktalk will regret working with as TT needs to improve customer reations not drive it into illegal acts.

All this is bad enough but check out my post of No dial tone since 30 Oct 23 and found another Talktalk customer had been given my landline number on his VOIP instead of his when he was moved to Cityfibre on 27 Oct 23.

What a coincidence, same date  I was offered and rejected.

TT Please dont break my FTTC as well, as my phone service.

Having worked in the IT Support business for many years I am perfectly happy with fibre and Voip.

However,  I want them from organisations I can trust are competent and adequately  support their customers.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

It does say that the upgrade is free, however reading other community threads and people have said they had their prices increased as a result of the "free" upgrade

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK, I can imagine it's a bit of a pain feeling nagged about it all the time. But as I said you will need to make the switch at some point. Do the upgrade messages not state that your package costs should remain unchanged? 

0 Likes

David186
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for you comments, yes my main issue is that Talk Talk are forcing me to go down the full fibre route when have no wish to change my current package.

Despite telling them I've no desire to change they just send out emails with engineer appointments already set and there's no option to cancel only defer the appointment.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Frankly you are likely to struggle to move to another provider without Full Fibre as availability of such services is diminishing while the various network suppliers, primarily Openreach, are in the process of shutting down the copper network. Is there any particular reason for your aversion, as you are going to have to switch sooner or later? In the meantime, it cannot be forced on you if you don't want it just now.