cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No external IP Address

Jmacnasty
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have been without service since 13/12/23.

The level of service I have received has been absolutely atrocious, I have a complaint raised and did not hear from the complaints case handler from 20/12/23 until yesterday when a different person contacted me.

In my second to last phone call on 28/12/23 I was advised that a new ero device would be sent out however, the complaints handler who called yesterday could not see any record of this and has requested another be sent out to arrive in 2-3 days.

I have already made arrangements to switch providers on 4/01/24, however I received an email from TalkTalk stating changes have been made and my contract start date is 04/01/24, this must have been done by the complaints handler who I spoke with yesterday.

At no point did they advise I would be entering a new contract, and under no circumstances will I be entering a new contract with Talktalk.

I have called countless times and have spent at least 5hrs in total on calls with your agents to no avail.

I have had 2 openreach engineers call outs who have confirmed the fault lies with Talktalk.

I work from home and rely on an internet connection, I am loosing ~£200 a day in earnings. 

Reviewing your auto compensation IAG online I calculate I am due £167.94 to date increasing by £9.33 daily while I have no service.

If my switch to a new provider is not processed as planned on 04/12/24 and I am not informed of when I will be paid my due compensation I will be taking my complaint to the communication ombudsman, CISAS and OFCOM.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

OK thanks, if you need any further assistance just let us know

Chris

Message 2 of 7

Hi Chris,

Yes I am moving to a new provider tomorrow assuming all goes as planned with the switch. I tried to explain that ordering a new eero was now pointless as I will no longer be a talktalk customer from 04/01/24 but the connection with the agent was so bad I dont believe they heard. 

I will of course return both eero devices

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

No worries. Cancelling via calling 0345 172 0088 under the terms of the 30 day Great Connection Guarantee is a way out for any new customer contract. Good luck with your new provider.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Gondola, 

I was within the first 30 days of my contract. My internet worked from 4/12 - 13/12 when it inexplicably disconnected while I was working.

I believe that 3 weeks is plenty of time to give a provider to resolve an issue, especially since when calling I seem to be getting absolutely nowhere and end up repeating the same steps to eventually be fobbed off with a switch it off for 20mins and try reconnecting resolution.

As stated in my previous post I am reliant on internet for work and from the experience I have had so far I cannot put my faith in Talktalk to provide a reliable service.

There seems to have been zero commitment to investigating the issue and no follow up or progress report on Talktalk side.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Just a heads up that if your new provider has notified TalkTalk of the intended switch date of 4 January then your account will have a new order entry. This order is for a cancellation of service consequent on a successful switch.

Just a bit of guidance from me to let you know what normally happens.

But also, I don't believe you have given TalkTalk sufficient time to resolve the issue. Perhaps you are within the first 30 days of a TalkTalk contract and are using the right to cancel. Perhaps you are out of contract?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jmacnasty,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Just to confirm, you're moving to a new provider tomorrow?

I think the notification about a new contract will be because an eero was ordered, for some reason this seems to trigger a notification about a new contract.

Chris

0 Likes