cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Not So Grand-stream Voice Adapter

Modelman1
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Since updating to 150mb Full Fibre yesterday, I've now spent a total of 7 hours on the phone and internet chats trying to resolve why my Grandstream Voice adapter isn't connecting. Countless factory resets, reboots on both router and Grandstream, plus power resets and still no joy. TalkTalk claim the device is activated however are now saying it's probably faulty. So 5 internet chats and one phone call later I've been without a phone for over 32 hours. I suggested could they kindly send out another Grandstream unit as a matter of urgency however the case still needs to be escalated for another 3 days before something happens. This is in spite of a least two Fibre tech assistants telling me it's faulty. 

After being on semi fibre 65 for a good few years with zero phone issues, this has become a nightmare and i'm starting to regret switching over even though the Fibre speed is spot on. How hard can it be to get a landline operational.

Any help to get this resolved as quickly as possible would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24
0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Many thanks also Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Thanks for the update, just let us know if you experience any further problems 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

We've only made a few calls so far and no crossed lines yet. Hoping it will stay that way. The tech person said he had never experienced this issue before. Probably a complete jumble up on the Grandstream configuration that somehow allowed multiple streams on one line. I'm not surprised considering how many tech people messed around with it last week

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this. Does the voice service seem ok so far?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Michelle,

I received a telephone call this afternoon from the investigation team. The have reset my whole phone setup and monitoring any additional faults until Friday, when they will be calling back.

Many thanks for chasing the issue on my behalf.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Good afternoon,

I received confirmation yesterday morning that the fault had been assigned to be investigated so I've just chased the team for an update on this now.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 8 of 24

Hi Michelle, Any updates on the cross line problem.  Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Morning,

Ok, thanks for confirming and I will raise this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 10 of 24

Hi Michelle, this has already been tried over the weekend. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try resetting the DVA one more time please and if this is still happening following this then I will pass this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi Michelle, just an update on our phone situation. First up, the only way we could get the DVA updated to the correct config files was to plug it straight into the ONT, followed by the 20 sec pin reset. It updated within 30 mins with the 3 blue lights. Behold a working phone or so we thought!!!

We now have 2 further issues

1) The first and most serious is continuous cross lines. It often starts as a darlek type sound followed by talking to a complete stranger. Sometimes the call also cuts off when this happens. It occurs just about every call we make and usually re-occurs again after re-dialing. It happens any time during the call, once 3 times in less than 45 min.  

2) The voice quality is very degraded compared to our old landline. The caller sounds very harsh, scratchy and metallic sounding.

As this is almost certainly an error at the exchange end, could you kindly keep the fault ticket open until things are resolved.

Many thanks again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Staff will respond after the weekend, @Modelman1.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 14 of 24

Hi Michelle, thank you for keeping me updated. I'm currently out however I'll update you when I'm home and have tested the setup. 

Many thanks 

Mark.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi again,

Update - The team think that should now be resolved. They have asked if you can wait 1hr then reboot the DVA so that it re-connects as this should update the config. Please let us know if this works and you're able to connect following this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi,

Just to add to this, an incident has been raised which are Network Team are working to resolve. I'll post back here as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 17 of 24

No problem Mark, hopefully the new DVA will resolve the problem. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Chris, many thanks for sorting a replacement DVA. I'm uncertain why this didn't happen over a day ago, in spite of me asking politely once the unit was deemed suspicious / faulty. At least we might of had an operational phone service by the weekend. It will now be at least Mon or Tues before the replacement can be tested. It's also a shame that the copper landline didn't stay operational for a few days while things were getting sorted, even though it's still connected up.

Many thanks again. Mark

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

I've ordered a replacement DVA to test with, it should be with you within a couple of days. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Thanks, I'll take a look at the thread.

0 Likes