cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Not So Grand-stream Voice Adapter

Modelman1
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Since updating to 150mb Full Fibre yesterday, I've now spent a total of 7 hours on the phone and internet chats trying to resolve why my Grandstream Voice adapter isn't connecting. Countless factory resets, reboots on both router and Grandstream, plus power resets and still no joy. TalkTalk claim the device is activated however are now saying it's probably faulty. So 5 internet chats and one phone call later I've been without a phone for over 32 hours. I suggested could they kindly send out another Grandstream unit as a matter of urgency however the case still needs to be escalated for another 3 days before something happens. This is in spite of a least two Fibre tech assistants telling me it's faulty. 

After being on semi fibre 65 for a good few years with zero phone issues, this has become a nightmare and i'm starting to regret switching over even though the Fibre speed is spot on. How hard can it be to get a landline operational.

Any help to get this resolved as quickly as possible would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hi Chris, and thanks for your reply. What you have suggested has now been tried a total of at least 4 times with various online chats. Could you kindly arrange for another Grandstream to be sent out asap please as we've now been without a landline for 2 days. I can't see why a replacement unit wasn't sent out immediately, since every tech assistant seems to think it's faulty. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

Hi Modelman1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please try the following

Plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. 

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

theblackcat
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

You're not alone!

You might want to check out this post. And I just posted about the likely cause of the issue in my own thread, so hopefully the staff forward that off to the appropriate teams ASAP.

0 Likes