cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Power Brick

MerlinBengal
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

After cancelling the original install for full fibre as the engineers (?¬!) put the cable where the old telephone line is which is simply not a convenient place to have this installed. Thought I would test the router before making any further decision. Only to find the power brick is just that A BRICK. IT IS DEAD, NO POWER OUTPUT WHATSOEVER.

Any chance a new power brick can be sent please Router is TALKTALK133D69.

Obviously if this won't work reliably not sure I would proceed with full fibre as my existing connection is very good.

Hope for a speedy update 🙂

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

No problem. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Will do. An with hindsight I realised I could just have changed the ssid and password and saved myself the stupidity of resetting all my devices, like duh, senior moment 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Ok, if you need any further assistance just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Nope, I won't bother as it is far too much hassle to go through all the required setups again. I have my new power brick I bought from Amazon so will continue to use that thanks.

Thank you for the response.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately we can't just send a replacement power cable, we would replace the whole router. Would it be ok if we send a new router and also a router returns bag so that the original router can be returned?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hello Michelle,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. Had computer gremlins and a vet visit, so only just sat down at my desk. (Multiple lockups and with no common ground, looks like a new m/board needed - things just don't last nowadays do they). Only on 18 hours a day 7 days a week for the last 7 years 🙂

It is a Sagem Router TALKTALK133D69.

The power supply itself is totally dead, no output. That is 2 now, maybe I have the touch of death about me with them 🙂

I have bought a charger of the correct power and some adapters to get the correct plug fitting from Amazon, nearly £38 but all is well :).

Does this honestly mean another router and not just a power supply brick sent? Already had to reset up 5 intelligent plugs, 2 desktops, one laptop, a tv, a mobile, a netbook and 5 echo dots again, due to the 633 failing on dns. Tried multiple ways around the dns problem but the router would eventually just hang with a spinning circle on the webpage and not any specific page. It even dropped my trading software at a rather awkward moment.

Look forward to your reply.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, which router are you currently using please? (make and model) Do you mean that the power cable has stopped working on this router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

You'll need to return unwanted equipment, @MerlinBengal.

Staff can send you prepaid returns bags for them.

For the older router that you still use, they'll need to check what's going on with the disconnections etc before sending out another. 

There are no staff on here at weekends and most won't be back till Tuesday because of the Bank Holiday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Karl

Going through my cupboard late last night I found another Sagem router sent to me as a replacement for the 633 (playing up) which was also dead on arrival, same problem then with a dead power brick. I have the serial number and can give that to you. This was sent to me some 18/24 months ago. Never bothered to report it back to you as I repaired my existing router, taking it apart and re-soldering the poor connections.

So I am afraid that you do need to send me a new power brick/router. Presently I have had to mash together a power supply to make the existing router work. But you have to say these Sagem router power bricks are very poor quality. 2 dead on arrival?!! I can do this only because I used to work in the electrical/electronic field.

The old 633 started to have problems with DNS and just stop connecting from my end. Hence moving across to this Sagem router. Honestly forgot I had this router already with exactly the same problem.

I would therefore appreciate it if you could send a new brick.

If you need the serial number please ask or even a photo of the 2 routers and I will supply to you. Your records should show this was sent to me ages ago and way before Full Fibre was even in my area.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thank you for your response Karl.

I think that the router not even working on receipt is enough to say I won't be bothering to move to full fibre. I'll stick with what  I have that gives a solid stable 68mbps.

If a powerbrick is that poorly made, then God knows what else will fall apart!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi

If your existing router is working fine, then another would not be supplied as the installation was cancelled. If you do re-arrange installation, then another router can be provided.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Nope not quite right. The installers ran the cable without my knowledge to the existing house entry for telephone. The installation never took place as I disputed where the cable would enter the house.

As I trade financial markets, I need to ensure a solid reliable connection. Hence, holding back from the full fibre install and checking this router first. The wiring is still 'looped up' outside the side wall of the house. Not forgetting the blurb also stated we could have the entry at a place to suit us and where they just dumped it is NOT convenient.

Losing connection whilst in trades can cost thousands of pounds whilst I am tethering the mobile. And NO I do NOT want a business line!!

Reading the different forums, people have been having multiple problems with the fibre install and connection. I also have my vulnerable mother living here and I don't want an 'engineer' continually walking the hallway, lounge and dining room every-time there manifests a problem.

I think the fact the router power supply was dead on arrival says it all about my reason for checking reliability first.

Presently I have had a very stable and good relationship with TalkTalk and their connection.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

OK, a wee bit confused here. You cancelled a full fibre installation after the point where they connected an entry point? Which you did not like and have any say over? And now you want a replacement router for the one that was sent in conjunction with the service which you cancelled? Please correct me if I’m wrong!

0 Likes