cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Problems with new eero 6 5ghz wifi

jon1967
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi compatible  devices are connecting at 5ghz channel 155 despite it being  congested and weak signal and quickly drop to unuseable speeds

They wont reconnect at 2.4 automatically despite signal being quite reasonable

I presume this is related to other issue with this router

Please can i have an eero 6 pro if this is expected to resolve

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi jon,

I'm really glad to hear this. Just post back here and we'll pick this straight back up for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi MIchelle

Sorry for delay in response

I appears to all be behaving a lot more stably thanks.

Im gonna stick with what ive got for the time being.

In the event i want to go the hub 2 swap route do i just mail you direct or reply to this thread?

thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Morning jon,

How has your connection been over the last few days?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21
0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Yep ok.leave it with me

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Thanks for confirming. If this still continues to happen then please let us know and we can send a Wifi Hub 2 to see how this compares instead. Would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Ok i just restarted the eero and its ok on 5ghz now for that galaxy tablet. Just to give you a heads up the router is not that near many of the devices. Very rarely do compatible devices connect at 5ghz historically and im ok with that  But this eero is no playing ball

Thx

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

What's the device Jon? Does it connect on the 2.4 just not the 5ghz?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Spoke to soon there is a tablet that is trying to connect at 5ghz currently on that channel and failing . It would connect fine at 2.4 with my old router

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Great thanks for confirming. I'll check back in with you in a few days just to check that everything has remained stable.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi jon,

Yes, no problem. Can I just confirm what your wireless channel is currently set to please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi again

Just want to confirm what this fix is please. To remove the 155 channel from 5ghz? 

Is part of the fix that it wont be so fond of connecting on 5ghz when it cant maintain the signal ?

(It is not on that frequency now i note)

Re your offer of a wifi hub 2 i think that prob is where i want to go not least due to plug count (!) but  can i see how the current set up is for next couple of weeks and revert ?

Best regards

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi jon,

Our Devices Manager has just asked if you could retest now please as we believe this should now be resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi jon,

Apologies, I still haven't heard anymore. Would you like us to send the Wifi Hub 2 instead to replace the eero and DVA set up?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi jon,

I'm sorry for the delay. I think our Devices Manager is back from leave today so I will chase this for an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

There won't be a follow up from forum staff before Monday, @jon1967 - they are not in here at weekends.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi

Please can somebody confirm this done and would appreciate knowing what the fix does for reference

I note that a couple of days ago at 4am precisely in the am all the 5ghz seems to have changed and also noted flipped to a lower channel and less issues now

But today its back at 155 channel

I have posted on another channel issues with the digital voice again no calls in or out for a couple of days . Would it be possible to send back the eero and grandstream if you send me an all in one hub 2 with the phone port. Im afraid the eero set up is just not worth the aggro despite promising so much in theory

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Devices Manager now and have asked if they can request the fix for this issue. I'll post back as soon as we receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

This is a known bug and requires a fix to be applied to your Eero. I will ask for this to be carried out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes