cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrading to full fibre with VOIP option

jillyam
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I'm thinking of upgrading to one of the full fibre options but would like to keep a landline, I've run through the options on the website but none of them mention the special box (DVA?) that you need and if you keep your existing landline no.

What are my options, we also have an inclusive calls package at the moment would we still need one of them on FF?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Great input I did not know this so good to get an answer to this question. I bet that’s surprised a few people as it did me

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

HI jillyam

Your can keep your landline number

Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720088 tell them you want to keep the landline They will be able to see what options are available

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

You will still need to use the boost, @jillyam, to keep phone bills down. 

Talktalk charges the same per call using VOIP as it does using the traditional landline. 

So it doesn't suddenly become free in the way it would be using WhatsApp  / Skype etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I think most Digital Voice upgrades use the Sagemcom Hub 2 now, which has a much simpler Phone port on the rear of it rather than an extra Grandstream ATA, plus it uses one less mains electrical socket. Just make sure that you request Digital Voice in the order & if asked by the installer, say that you want a Hub 2. If you don't request Digital Voice at this point, it cannot be added later.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes