cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Router Issues

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi everyone,

I have the following TT router (had it for years - even pre migration to FTTP)

Device Type: DG8041W
Hardware Version: I.1.01
Software Version: v1.05t

As of late the router is giving all manner of issues - WiFi completely drops out and all devices disconnect - takes a good few minutes to reconnect. Long enough for Zoom to kick me out of meetings which isn't ideal.

I've used this router for FTTC service and am still using it for FTTP service.

Is there a solution?

Thanks
Phil

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

will do thanks Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Ok no problem. It may be worth contacting our Loyalty Team directly to see what deals are available as our faster FTTP packages come with an eero. In regards to the My Account issue, if you could create a new topic in the My Account and Billing section of the Community then our expert Arne should be able to help with this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

hmm ok 😞 as always appreciate the help and support though!

Give me a few hours to have a think about whether or not to send the new router.

We're on the slowest FTTP package - 80mbps.

We're out of contract so I might take a look around. In the meantime and also completely off topic - are you able to clean my account up in the backend? I still have an FTTC and FTTP account - this means the automated comms you send me talk about me having an FTTC product. I fear that if I switch and leave the account closure process will be a nightmare

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

We can only send the Sagemcom Wifi hub. What FTTP package do you currently have please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

philip_w_852
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Michelle,

Is there any other router we can try?

If my memory serves correct - there's a Sagemcom and Huawei router which both look identical (but with different internals I assume!)

We're on like our 3rd router made by a mix of the above and they all seem to give issues after a while. I think the router we have now is the Huawei version of it - this was because the Sagemcom ones too gave issues with wifi and connection dropping after a few months of use. 

Thanks

Phil

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Phil,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares? This would be a Sagemcom wifi hub. We would also send a router returns bag so that the previous router can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes