cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Engineer didn’t show

Niamh3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I moved home and was transferring my account to new address. Received my new router and booked appointment to get engineer out. Engineer didn’t show and when I ring helpline the automated system wont accept my mobile because my old account has been disconnected. online chat has been no help and advised me to reach out to community. Really don’t know what to do. Any Advice?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Niamh3

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

There's no staff before Monday on the community, @Niamh3.

The no show should trigger automatic compensation, but to fix up another appointment, ring the 03451 720088.

Try using your old number for verification as that will be linked to your old account. 

Don't use the mobile for verification. They can also ask you for your postcode etc.

Is it traditional FTTC or FTTP?

If FTTC, an engineer doesn't always come to the house, so worth plugging everything in and seeing if anything happens. 

Good if you can plug in a landline phone and dial 17070 to check what is read back to you, if you are up and running. 

Phone support is open till 6pm today, not on Sunday. 

If you still need staff support on here, please complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. 

Add your Talktalk landline number / account number in Personal Information and any extra information to Private Notes, at the end of that section. Indicate clearly which is the new address. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes