cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Service outage Portsmouth 16 November 23

South_Coaster
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

From approx 11pm Thursday 16 Nov 23 I had no internet connection in the Southsea / Portsmouth area. 

Checked the TalkTalk service status page - it only showed a problem in Yorkshire. 

Followed prompts to initiate a chat - informed that ‘all operators are away until 9am’. 

Resumed chat 10.30 am Friday 17th, I was asked to check status of indicator lights etc, then required to update security questions and contact information. Extensive delays between each interaction. 

Eventually informed that there WAS an outage throughout the Portsmouth area. 2.5 hours in total spent in chat box to get this information. 

Service status page was eventually updated and showed details of this outage - but with almost no detail and no indication of how long it will last. 

For a tech company, this is a terribly inefficient service. An up to date, region specific status page where users could quickly see if it is their own service or the wider area that has been affected would be vastly more appropriate than forcing individuals to spend hours battling for fragments of information. 

And regarding information - a generic ‘our engineers are aware’ is next to useless. Transparency and detail are required. 

Very disappointed that this level of support is just as bad as the last time, when rats chewed through the cables and we all had to wait four days for any news. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Morning South_Coaster,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear this. This incident has now been resolved. How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes