cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Shift OpenReach fibre connection

Chris_M_Ford
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 57

When I had my Full Fibre installation I had not appreciated how little the fibre could be bent - unlike a copper cable. In the event, as my router etc. is sited centrally in my house, the fibre is running through a downstairs toilet to reach the router location where there is power for the NTU. I have not been able to find a way to protect / disguise the fibre particularly where it goes round corners to follow the wall.

To solve the problem I have installed at gigabit Cat5e cable from another part of the house with easy access through the same exterior wall and with power available for the NTU.

My questions are; how do I go about arranging for OpenReach to do the shift and what are the likely costs?

If anyone can help with advice, that would be great.

Many thanks,

Chris 

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 41 of 57

Hi Michelle,

Call received at 11.30am and appointment set for pm on Monday 9th.

Many thanks for keeping on top of this for me.

Best wishes,

Chris

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes

Message 42 of 57

Hi Chris,

They should make a few attempts to contact you. We'll check back in with you tomorrow.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 43 of 57

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help. I just hope that they don't give up after one attempt given that the signal around here can be a bit 'flaky'.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 44 of 57

Hi Chris,

I've asked the LVR team to contact your again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 45 of 57

Hi Chris,

I know that it is only just afternoon but being Friday I would rather not leave things over the weekend. Still no call since the one on Wednesday at 10.47am.

How do we now proceed?

Best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 57

Hi Chris,

They will usually call  3 times. If you haven't been called again by tomorrow afternoon please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 57

HI Michelle,

Thanks for your interest. I missed a call from Talktalk yesterday and the voicemail message that was left asked me to call back but didn't leave a number. When I called the number that had called me, there was just a message to say that I would get another call. I am confused - do you have a contact number for the LVR team?

Take care and stay safe,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 48 of 57

Hi Chris,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 49 of 57

Hi Chris,

Many thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 50 of 57

Hi Chris,

I've completed the LVR form. You will be contacted by our LVR team to discuss the relocation of your ONT

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 51 of 57

Hi Karl,

If you could do that for me it would be really helpful. What information do you need?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 57

Hi

We can submit an LVR request form here and the Team then make contact with you to arrange.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 57

HI Karl,

Once again many thanks for the prompt attention to my post. Can you advise the best way to contact the LVR team? I must admit that I prefer email or text if those are available options.

Take care and kind regards,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 54 of 57

Hi

You can arrange via TalkTalk, we have an LVR team that would arrange this, however as it's bank holiday today, they may not be online.  LVR is the name Openreach give to this - Low Volume Request, meaning it's not a fault report.

Standard lead time for Openreach to do this is around 10 - 14 days.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 55 of 57

HI Karl,

Thanks for your prompt response (and on a Bank Holiday) - it is much appreciated. Given that I am a Talktalk customer do I need to arrange the shift through Talktalk or direct with OpenReach?

Chris

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 56 of 57

Hi

Openreach may be able to relocate the socket however they will charge £128 for this option.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes