cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Shift OpenReach fibre connection

Chris_M_Ford
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 57

When I had my Full Fibre installation I had not appreciated how little the fibre could be bent - unlike a copper cable. In the event, as my router etc. is sited centrally in my house, the fibre is running through a downstairs toilet to reach the router location where there is power for the NTU. I have not been able to find a way to protect / disguise the fibre particularly where it goes round corners to follow the wall.

To solve the problem I have installed at gigabit Cat5e cable from another part of the house with easy access through the same exterior wall and with power available for the NTU.

My questions are; how do I go about arranging for OpenReach to do the shift and what are the likely costs?

If anyone can help with advice, that would be great.

Many thanks,

Chris 

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 21 of 57

Hi Chris,

I'm glad to hear that the team have made contact and we'll check back in with you on this date to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 57

Hi Michelle,

Just to let you know that I had a call at 13:16 booking an appointment for a.m. on Wednesday 11th however, I am not holding my breath as so far I have not had any confirmation from Talktalk or OpenReach. I'll keep you posted.

Have a pleasant weekend.

Chris

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes

Message 23 of 57

Hi Chris,

I've passed your availability for the call straight over now and asked the team to call ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 24 of 57

Any time today or Monday (after 10am) or Tuesday. Obviously the sooner the better.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 57

Apologies, when would be the best times to contact you? Could you provide a few dates and times and we can pass this over to the team?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 26 of 57

HI Michelle,

I just thought that it would be good to recap the situation with this issue. It was first raised on 26th August and 9 days later we are no nearer a solution. If I don't get anything sorted today it will be Monday at the earliest before any progress can be made. When one of the Community Forum team responded to my original post they indicated that the OpenReach lead time was between 10 and 14 days. I go to the Wigtown book festival in Scotland on 26th September for 2 weeks and so there is a distinct possibility that it will be the middle of October before the work is done - which is a little depressing.

None of the above is meant as a criticism of the forum team. I am very happy with the response that I have had from you and your colleagues but somewhere in Talktalk customer service is lacking. 

My apologies if this post seems a bit of a whinge but, having been a Talktalk customer for many years, I have been used to a better level of service.

Take care, stay safe and best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 57

HI Michelle,

Thank you.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 57

Hi Chris,

If you're not contacted by today then I'll re-escalate this for you.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 57

Hi Michelle,

No call yesterday or today so far - very frustrating!

I am so grateful that you are keeping tabs on this.

Best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 57

Afternoon Chris,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 31 of 57

Morning Chris,

Thanks for confirming. The team have advised that they'll keep trying to contact you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 57

Hi Michelle,

They have tried but I missed the call and they left no message. I assume that they will call again but if they ;leave it until tomorrow I may well miss it again as I am very busy with Church stuff (I am a Churchwarden).

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for me.

Best wishes,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 57

Hello,

Have our team now been in contact?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 34 of 57

Hi Chris,

No problem. Sorry for the delays with this.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 57

HI Michelle,

As always, many thanks for your continuing help.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 57

Hi Chris,

I've now escalated this to the team that deal with specific FTTP requests so I'll let you know as soon as they come back to me with an update. It's possible that the team will also contact you directly.

Michelle

Message 37 of 57

Good morning Michelle,

Many thanks for your ongoing assistance.

Best wishes, 

Chris

Message 38 of 57

Hi Chris,

I'm really sorry about this. I'm looking into this for you and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 39 of 57

Well that was a false alarm!!!

I have just taken a call from Lisa (presumably at LVR) who told me that she couldn't place the order with OpenReach as it was a full fibre shift. I though that I had made that clear at the beginning!. She told me that I needed to call Talktalk on 0345-172-0093 and take option 3. When I called this number there was a message saying that it was not a customer facing number and that I should call on 0345-172-0088 which I did. As there was no obvious option I selected the Fibre sales team on option 4 (I think). After a longish conversation to explain the situation I was told that I would be put through to someone who could help me in customer services. After being on hold for several minutes I hung up as I have other things to do with my life today

I have been a customer of Talktalk for many years. Of course I have had the odd issue but hitherto they have been dealt with professionally and been resolved in a competent manner. This has not been my experience since renewing my contact with Fullfibre+VOIP.

This is not a reflection on the Community Forum support team whose help I have always appreciated and continue to do so.

Please how can this be progressed? I am very frustrated and at my age I can do without the stress.

Kind regards,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 57

Hey Chris,

Excellent, glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes