cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Starting a new Contract

Gryphin
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

So I'm currently on Fibre 150 Data Only for £33.09 a month. When my contract was about to expire, TalkTalk sent out an email asking if I wanted to renew or not. They offered nearly the same price for the same package; I can't remember the extract price, but there was only a few pence difference. So I thought I wouldn't renew and just pay the price I'm paying because I might switch providers, which makes it easier.

Now I'm looking on site, and they have the same Fibre 150 for £29.95 (which is what I was paying before the price increase in April). I was wondering if there was anyway to start a contract with TalkTalk with me as an existing customer. I've gone to "My Account" and Upgrades and Offers, but nothing shows.

Please don't tell me I have to cancel and start over; that seems stupid. If so, I might just have to risk it with a new provider. Also in my account, it says, "18-month fixed-term contract ends:
20 Mar 2023" so my old contract has ended but I am not offered another in "My Account".

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi @Gryphin

Best option would be to call the loyalty team on 03451720088 They will be able to see what options are available

Regards.

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I’ve just had full fibre 150 data with voice installed. Been a long standing customer and gave retentions a call. Managed to get the price of £26 per month for 18 months with two months free. This wasn’t fixed though. To be honest even when prices increase next year from what you are paying now you’ll probably be paying less anyway. Originally I took out the fixed option for 24 months but that would have cost me £29.95 so I opted for the cheaper plan. In my opinion give them a call, tell them you’re thinking of leaving and do a bit of haggling till you’re happy( don’t forget to ask for 2 or 3 months free) I’m pretty sure you can get it cheaper than what you’re paying now. Good luck.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Don't go by "offers and upgrades" in My Account, even when they are there, @Gryphin.

Online renewals tend to trigger unwanted extras that get automatically included. You then have to waste your time phoning up to get things removed. 

So phone them up anyway, or use Chat to fix it up.

Use this page to check prices:

https://new.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/deals-existing-customer

All packages are detailed in the small print. Check comparison websites too.

Speaking to a person you can haggle  - clicking on any automated renewal is the least good way to get what you want. 

03451 720088 after 9am, Monday to Saturday. You need to speak to the LOYALTY team. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.