cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Upgrade: TalkTalk vs Glasgow City Fibre

korosensei
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi everybody,
It's been almost 1 year since City Fibre completed the wiring works outside my apartment in Glasgow to have me connected with Full Fibre.
Since then, I'm receiving a leaflet every couple of months advising me to move to a Full Fibre contract, and among the provider who offers such a contract, TalkTalk is present.

But whenever I call TalkTalk asking for this upgrade, they tell me that my area isn't covered yet by the Full Fibre and that I will have the upgrade for free when will be possible.
That's fantastic unless they make me wait for infinite months without giving me a reason and leaving me with a poor connection.

I've subscribed to a 65Mbps contract, but the connection is very poor.
I keep having terrible decreases in my connection speed, and sometimes the service stops working for 5 to 10 minutes.

I don't need another router (I've already changed it once). I need just a reliable connection!
I would like to have the upgrade City Fiber keeps saying is available for me.
And if it isn't possible, I need to know why and I need to know that at least TalkTalk would provide the minimum guaranteed speed for my 65Mbps contract!

See the attached images showing the availability declared by City Fiber and my actual speed test (2.1 in download when I'm paying for 65).

Thank you for your help and understanding.

cf2.pngcf1.png
Faber est suae quisque fortunae
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi korosensei

We cant cancel accounts on the community, you will need to call the loyalty team on 03451720088.  From the results you have shown there must be a fault on the line, Have you spoke to our faults team? 

Is your router connected to the master socket?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

If your service is performing at less than the guaranteed minimum speed for your line then subject to testing TalkTalk will arrange for an engineer to investigate. If they cannot bring your speed up to the minimum within 30 days then you will be allowed to leave without penalty. If you choose to leave for any other reason then normal early termination charges will apply. If you would like the support team here to help then I suggest your start a topic in the Fibre section.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 13

@korosensei, cancelling on the forum has no validity. You need to phone 03451 720088.

Forum staff are not authorised to do this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

korosensei
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk,

I'm writing again to express my profound dissatisfaction with TalkTalk.

I was told that my fibre connection would be set up shortly, only to discover that this was misleading.

You aren't even an authorised provider for the type of fibre connection promised. This has left me feeling deceived.

Furthermore, the overall quality of the connection provided by TalkTalk has been consistently poor.

I have attached screenshots showing the poor quality of service over the past few days. Often, I can't access the internet at all; web pages fail to load, and my WiFi indicates "connected without internet."

The service has not met the guaranteed minimum speed, which is both frustrating and a breach of our agreement.

Given these circumstances, I kindly request that my contract be terminated at the end of next month without incurring any penalties.

It's clear that TalkTalk has failed to uphold its end of the contract, and I believe it's only fair for me to be able to terminate the service without any additional fees.

I await a prompt response addressing my concerns and confirming the termination of my contract without penalties.

Regards.

Screenshot_20230818-145347_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230813-122130_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230814-165442_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230813-122407_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230807-100623_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230810-095414_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230818-144940_One UI Home.pngScreenshot_20230810-095305_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230818-140000_Chrome.pngScreenshot_20230812-112751_Chrome.png
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

If you check the City Fibre checker you see that the only providers of full fibre in that area is Giganet,Vodafone and Brillband,  At this time TalkTalk do not provide full fibre in that area. 

Sorry again.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

OK, well it does seem that you have have options, but seemingly not from TalkTalk.  🤨

@Arne-TalkTalk What do you make of this in light of the added information?

korosensei
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Here's the complete screenshot.

checker.png

Message 8 of 13

You didn't include the network providers available to you, here's mine by way of comparison:

Message 9 of 13

Thank you for the Ofcom checker. I found it very useful.
As you can see in the attached image, it says that for my address is available the Ultrafast connection.

About the fragmented market, I understand what you say.
The problem is that I received a letter from CityFibre advising me to subscribe to a Full Fiber contract with one of 4 providers, and TalkTalk was the first on the list.
And that was a specific letter sent to my address to me.
That's why I keep thinking there could be a communication problem between CityFibre and TalkTalk.

Ofcom checker.png
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Not all network suppliers such as City Fibre in any given location have resale arrangements with all ISPs, the market for full fibre is somewhat fragmented. So while they may say that TalkTalk are one of their providers that is somewhat generic. Confusing and frustrating I know, but sadly that's the way it is at the moment.  Try the Ofcom checker here and see which types of service and networks are available at your address.

korosensei
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Arne,
Thanks for your reply.

Can you please explain why CityFibre keeps saying my area is covered by Full Fiber, but TalkTalk doesn't feel the same?
Is it possible that TalkTalk just forgot to update the services available in my area?
Can you please ask somebody to contact CityFibre or double-check the services available in my area?
I would really appreciate it since it's been almost a year.

About the issue with my connection, I haven't opened any fault with TalkTalk because last time you told me that you had no evidence of any problem in my area, and maybe the issue depended on the old copper wires since I live in an old building, and the only thing you could do was give me a new modem (which didn't solve the issue at all).
If you think there's something else you could do to help me, I'll be happy to receive your help with this matter.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi korosensei

Thanks for your post.

When I check your account full fibre is not showing as an option at this time, when it does actually become available we will notifiy you (not city Fibre). In relation to your connection issues have you logged a fault with us? 

0 Likes