cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching back to talktalk

srjohnston80
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 73 of 73

I was with talktalk for years and the service was great.  I decided to change over to virgin, but had loads of internet outages.

I decided to swap back to talktalk as I need reliable internet with working from home.  

I was due to go live today, but internet is still not connected.  I saw it briefly connect at lunchtime for about half an hour then it died again.

I also have not received my 2 Eero Pros yet either.  Can someone please help?  I am not really getting anywhere on the phone.  They just said I am connected. 

I work in IT and very familuar with internet setups.  I even have a netgear nighthawke router wifi 6 router I plugged into my BT modem and it is not able to pick the internet up.  But it is picking it up from my virgin router ok.

0 Likes
72 REPLIES 72

Message 61 of 73

Hi no it isn't that was a previous contact.  I dont currently have an FTTP number so I updated my profile with the SL number that is currently showing as inlfight. 

0 Likes

Message 62 of 73

Hello,

Can I just confirm, is the FTTP number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 63 of 73

@Michelle-TalkTalk

Hi Michelle, I have 1 green light on the left side.  Then 2 green on the right side.  It did briefly connect for about half an hour yesterday at lunch time, so that suggests the kit at my house is ok.  I think it is more a problem at the exchange.  I also checked my order this morning and it still shows inflight.  Plus I have not received the two Eero Pro routers yet.  

At a guess I think my order has got stuck somewhere and the routers did not get sent out.  I have my original order number.  Would you be able to check the status of it? 

0 Likes

Message 64 of 73

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. what lights are currently on the ONT please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 65 of 73

Good Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk No I plugged a laptop directly into the ONT box and not getting any internet at all.  

Message 66 of 73

Morning,

Does the connection work if you connect directly at the ONT?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 67 of 73

Well, it will work if you can connect a device such as a laptop directly via ethernet to the LAN port of the ONT, just for testing. 

0 Likes

Message 68 of 73

@srjohnston80, staff won't be back on here before the morning. 

It's really better that you don't post further till they pick up this thread, as each new response is delaying its progress in the queue for attention. 

Wait for them to get back to you tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 69 of 73

@ONTnonotagain Netgear RAX200 wifi 6 router.  I also had a couple of old Eero Pro 5 routers as well.  They should work on the Fibre 900 line but not sure.  I will look into setting vlan to 0.  How do I contact Chris? 

0 Likes

Message 70 of 73

That wont work unfortunately You need the router to pickup the external IP and then dish out a local IP to the end device.  I will say my bt openreach box has 1 green light on the left hand side and 2 on the right.  No red lights, so somewhat of a good sign.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 73

Do you have a device which you can connect directly to the ONT and see if the service works that why? I imagine the Virgin connection is still working if you haven't cancelled it yet. 

0 Likes

ONTnonotagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 72 of 73

Until one of the forum people sees you try this.

Which router are you trying to connect with?

Assuming you have a 3rd party one you'll need to set the Vlan to 0 and not all routers allow this, an Asus model will & a few others will also but you'll need to look up if your one does. 

It will need to be in dynamic connection mode also & you may get a connection that way.

However if you can't set the vlan to zero only a TT intervention will sort that to allow a non TT router to connect as many of the new connections are set a certain way, ask Chris to sort it for you.

0 Likes