cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Trying to order

trevrobwhite
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Openreach emailed me yesterday to say I can now order full fibre up to 1000mbps, I can now order this from BT but talktalk is still showing I can only order Fibre 35 or Fibre 65. 

How long does it take for your systems to update? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

It costs TalkTalk to order cablelinks from Openreach so they're going to want to assess the take up and they'll do this by potential customers using the availability checker and registering an interest in Full Fibre. If there's a strong interest then it's just going to be how long it takes Openreach to provision those cablelinks.

TalkTalk have a half price for 6 month deal on currently but BT also have a discounted offer. There's not much difference in the long term. BT's price hikes in April are bigger than TalkTalk's but the TalkTalk current offer is for a fixed price deal with no price hikes for the whole contract all the way to 2026. The offer ends 14 February so you might wait to see if the order is accepted sometime in the next 5 weeks. Fingers crossed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply, Does talktalk take long after the area going live to request the backhaul connection or do they wait for their first order? (That would of course require the availability checker to allow you to place an order). 

I’m just wondering if it’s worth waiting or just go with BT. The openreach email said I could now order from any supplier and listed about 50 including talktalk so I was hoping it was just Talktalk being slow to get the latest information 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

When Openreach provision Full Fibre to exchange customers they automatically connect the BT backhaul network and access to those Full Fibre households.

But before TalkTalk can access those Full Fibre households an order is required with Openreach to provide Cablelinks between the TalkTalk backhaul equipment and the Full Fibre access point. 

There's inevitably a delay in TalkTalk getting access. Just keep checking the TalkTalk availability checker.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes