cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Unable to connect PC and now my mobile devices to Eero 6Pro

Transcend
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

!!!!UPDATE 22.4.24

Internet has been dropping out on our android mobile devices and our Amazon Echo devices over the last couple of days, phone reconnects after a few minutes, but Echo devices need a reboot. 

We had a stable connection to all devices on our previous set up FTTC using a TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

FURTHER UPDATE 21.4.24 !!!!!

Now I have no internet to my ethernet connections.

Both my TV and my Sky Q box wont connect via Ethernet.

Both are connected to the Eero 6 Pro router via ethernet but with no internet.

TV notification of  connection to local network but not to internetTV notification of connection to local network but not to internet

Can I get rid of this Eero6 Pro router nothing but issues with it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Since my full fibre installation on Thursday 18th, my mobile devices are dropping out of the Eero gateway, and I can only connect them via the TP-link 2.4GHz Wi-Fi extender I use for my CCTV, at a much lower speed.

I am receiving a Wi-Fi signal via the Eero gateway and the TP link extenders on my PC and my mobiles but with no internet available via the Eero gateway.

I had full fibre installed 18th April, 500mbps with Eero 6 pro; all my devices are working well apart from my PC which connects to the Wi-Fi but with no internet connection.

If I connect my pc to a nearby Wi-Fi extender, my PC connects with internet but only on 2.4ghz and speed of only 27gbps.

Prior to my fibre install, on my previous router (Fast 5364)  I was receiving 69mbps on 5ghz.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance

Robert
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 21 of 35

Hello Keith,

I have attached 4 zip files of my recent WLAN report.

I hope this is what you require.

Thanks

Robert

Robert
0 Likes

Message 22 of 35

Hello Chris, 

I removed the Eero and re added it still no difference.

Is it possible the new Eero/installation is taking time to settle?

Thanks

Robert
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 35

OK, you haven't got the first possibility of channel 155. Assuming your PC is Windows, please open a command prompt as an administrator and in there type this command:-

netsh wlan show wlanreport

The output will lag by about three hours, so please make sure that you try to connect the PC and generate the report just over three hours later. This will create a report & crucially saves some files to the folder:-

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport

This folder is normally hidden, so to see it just copy & paste the location into the run box (WIN + R keys). Please zip up all of these files and attach them to your reply. To protect your privacy, as soon as I get them, I will delete them from your post. Ideally, I would ask you to PM them to me, but you can't attach files within a PM.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

Hi Keith, 

Took me a minute or 2 to find Radio Analytics but got them now.

5GHz Low = Channel 42, Control Channel 44, Channel Bandwidth 80MHz

5GHz High = Channel 106, Control Channel 100, Channel Bandwidth 80MHz

These figures mean nothing to me, hope you understand them.

Thanks

Robert
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 35

What channel is your Eero set to on the 5GHz band? In the app, it is under Radio Analytics.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 26 of 35

I've removed and forgotten the existing Eero sign on and tried again but to no avail. 

I was wondering if it had anything to do with my PC's network settings/protocol and what should they be for the Eero 6 Pro?

I can connect on 2.4ghz via wi-fi extender but not 5.0ghz via the Eero gateway.

Robert
0 Likes

Message 27 of 35

OK, thanks for trying. Could you try forgetting the eero and then rescan and re-add it.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

I disconnected the extender Chris didn't make any difference.

Robert
0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

OK thanks, if you disconnect the wifi extender does this make any difference?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

Yes many time Chris, and the Eero router.

Robert
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 35

Hi Transcend,

I take it that you've tried rebooting the PC?

Chris

Message 32 of 35

Thanks Robert that'll help the team, afraid I don't have access to the Eero have an understanding of it's workings. 

Your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 33 of 35

Sorry Divsec,

Windows 11, and all drivers updated

Robert

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 35

Hi @Transcend could you mention the windows version? Also are your drivers up to date

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.