cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrade

00clarkd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

My girlfriend recently tried to upgrade from 65mb to full fiber 900, the person on the phone said they would need new details to set up the fibre 900 as they couldn't input my girlfriend's details due to her already having an account so I gave them mine to set up the new account, we were told the city fibre 65 on my girlfriend's account would be cancelled due to upgrading and once the new full fiber was set up her details would be inputted into the new full fiber account replacing mine however my girlfriend hasn't had any confirmation of her current plan being cancelled and the details on the new account are still mine, is this a normal way to upgrade? It seems very convoluted and unnecessary when really the details should have remained the same and only the package changed, has anyone else had this experience?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @00clarkd 

Your order is going through via Openreach , however the other account at the property provided by city fibre will need to be stopped otherwise there will be 2 billing accounts active.  The named account holder will need to call the full fibre team and advise them of this situation and ask to cancel that account. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thank you @Arne-TalkTalk @, anything you can do would be much appreciated

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi 00clarkd

Because the area is provided by City Fibre its not possible to upgrade from 65 to 900 without ceasing the line, so the sales agent has placed a new order however I'm not sure that it will be successful as there is already an active service. 

I will see if I can find more information.

Message 5 of 8

Great thanks, let's hope you can get sorted. 

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks @Divsec, I've filled her details in on the link given.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @00clarkd seems pretty dubious to me and your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. However, it does appear that the issue with your girlfriend's account and not yours so it might be more appropriate for her to take over this community account, add her details and landline phone so the team here can be able to unravel things.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes