cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

VDI Client (Java Applet) being blocked

andrewismith
Team Player
Private Message
Message 47 of 47

Hi, 

My wife works from home for NHS her laptop bring up a java applet for a VDI Client login, when she tries it while connected to a mobile hotspot it's fine, on wi-fi or ethernet it doesn't. Is there anything blocking VPN or VDI Client on my service?

I'm on Future Fibre. Thanks.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 1 of 47

I'll pass this to our network team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact your directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 47

Hi,

I'm not sure. I do know that none of her colleagues are with TalkTalk and they do not have this issue. Is there any chance we can raise an official ticket for this issue for further investigation as otherwise I am going to have to leave TalkTalk as something is clearly being blocked on the service which appears to be at odd to the traffic management policy.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 47

Hi Andy,

I don't really know what else to suggest. Do you know if the IT department are aware of other TalkTalk customers with this issue or other TalkTalk customers not experiencing this issue?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 47

Hi Michelle,

I have just checked and non of the security setting are activated.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 47

Sorry about that Keith, I must have missed that. No worries 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 47

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

This one has been going on for a while now, every time I asked a question, the customer would not often reply, probably due to confidentiality concerns. Therefore I have no idea if it is related to the VPN in question, as I have no idea what one it is.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 47

Hi,

@KeithFrench - Have you ever come across this before in relation to the VPN issue?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 47

Hi,

Thanks for the PM. Are the Homesafe/kidsafe settings still show as not active in your My Account?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 47

Hi Michelle,

I sent you a DM with further testing I have done. Hopefully you can come back with further suggestions. Thanks.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 47

Morning,

Thanks for testing and I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not sure what else we can advise as the VPN connection should work fine.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 47

Hi,

I received the router and have now tested with no change, the same issue persists.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 47

Hi Andy

I've requested that a replacement router is sent, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 47

Yes please as this is causing my wife severe issues for work. 

regards,

Andy. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 47

Hi Andy,

The VPN connection should work fine as we don't block VPN. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 15 of 47

Hi,

I have checked on none of the security features are active. 

Regards,

Andy. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 47

Hi Andy,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you try logging into your My Account please to check if any of the HomeSafe categories are ticked.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 17 of 47

Hi,

I've never heard of HomeSafe/Kidsafe so can't say. It's certainly nothing I would have configured on any router.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 47

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you using HomeSafe/Kidsafe?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 47

Hi Chris,

My wife transferred to a new department and so this activity was never performed before by her. It's never worked. At first if was thought it was the laptop or something on it, so that has been replaced but with no change in behaviour, IT have looked at the config and it is identical to colleagues which is why we did the mobile hotspot test and found it worked on a hotspot and not on the home internet.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 47

Hi Chris,

My wife transferred to a new department so this activity was never performed before by her. It's never worked since she started the new role. At first if was thought it was the laptop or something on it, so that has been replaced but with no change in behaviour, IT have looked at the config and it is identical to colleagues which is why we did the mobile hotspot test and found it worked on a hotspot and not on the home internet.

Regards,

Andy.

0 Likes