cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

WAN IP ADDRESS FAILURE ON EERO SET UP

forcemani
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

City fibre came and installed our fibre box this morning and left when 4 green lights came on. They connected the eero 6 and we downloaded the eero app. My phone can connect to the eero when running through set upon the app, but fails during set up and says eero can’t connect to the internet. There is an exclamation mark next to WAN IP address. 

Called the support team and was passed around 4 departments and explained my problem to each in turn. Turned the modem/router off multiple times and retried. Got cut off from 2 hour phone call. Tried online chat. Explained situation again and they said my account wasn’t activated, but they activated it now and the problem would be solved (actually despite us receiving the eero 6 from talktalk after signing up online, and talktalk sending city fibre to us to do the install, talktalk so not actually have a record of us as customers and we don’t exist on the system, but they say that isn’t the problem). Anyway, the “activation” did not solve the problem. Got disconnected from that chat and had to them explain the whole thing to another person who said there’s no problem their end and they will try and get a resolution in 72 hours and then I can call back if I still have a problem. I honestly can’t face another frustrating 4 hours of repeating myself and I can see this is a common problem so wondered if anyone else has a fix please! Thanks in advance. Cathy 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi ilhaamwil,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ilhaamwil
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi Cathy!

I hope you’re well.

I am currently experiencing the same FRUSTRATING problem, for days! Not one agent is able to assist me, they’ve sent an engineer out to try to fix it and nothing. I now have to go the entire weekend with no internet and most of next week before they deliver a new eero - which I’m not even convinced will work. The new eero was a the last resort as they couldn’t pick up and error with anything else.

Could I kindly ask you to share what the solution was? I’m so close to canceling my services with them as I work from home and can no longer handle the lack of internet. 

im hoping and praying you see this as I’m at my wits end.

Kind regards

Ilhaam

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Cathy,

If you still need assistance please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Cathy,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes