cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

WAN IP address failure on Eero set up

cathymonty2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

City fibre came and installed our fibre box this morning and left when 4 green lights came on. They connected the eero 6 and we downloaded the eero app. My phone can connect to the eero when running through set upon the app, but fails during set up and says eero can’t connect to the internet. There is an exclamation mark next to WAN IP address. 

Called the support team and was passed around 4 departments and explained my problem to each in turn. Turned the modem/router off multiple times and retried. Got cut off from 2 hour phone call. Tried online chat. Explained situation again and they said my account wasn’t activated, but they activated it now and the problem would be solved (actually despite us receiving the eero 6 from talktalk after signing up online, and talktalk sending city fibre to us to do the install, talktalk so not actually have a record of us as customers and we don’t exist on the system, but they say that isn’t the problem). Anyway, the “activation” did not solve the problem. Got disconnected from that chat and had to them explain the whole thing to another person who said there’s no problem their end and they will try and get a resolution in 72 hours and then I can call back if I still have a problem. I honestly can’t face another frustrating 4 hours of repeating myself and I can see this is a common problem so wondered if anyone else has a fix please! Thanks in advance. Cathy 

30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and we'll respond to your topic shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

MickyB93
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 31

Has anyone managed to get there issue resolved? I'm also having the same problem.

Michael Baker

Arbaaz77
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 31

Exactly the same problem I am having feel like this is probably going to end with me going with a different provider because I can not see a solution 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Danwild378
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 31

I now have this exact problem, 2 hours online chat to then be told they have arranged for cityfibre engineer to contact me.

All lights on ONT green, eero6 router connected solid blue light.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31
0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

Absolutely, apologies for highjacking this thread. 

Anna Crabbe
Full time working mum.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Clair and Anna, can you start your own threads/topics, and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Good morning Chris, 

We're having exactly the same issue. City fibre installed on Wednesday last week. Contacted eero who have been very slow to reply to support requests. Have connected direct to modem and eero devise via cable / computer but still the same ethernet doesn't have a valid IP. Configuration message. Reset all devices untold amount of times. Loosing the will to live. Please help. Thanks 

Anna Crabbe
Full time working mum.
0 Likes

Claire182
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 31

Literally having exact same issue and talking to a brick wall been on phone for 1.5 hours trying to resolve 

talk talk was advertised as offering through city fibre in my area I am losing the will to live 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31
0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Thanks, 

Cathy 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 31

Hi Cathy,

The order is still showing complete on the City Fibre portal. I'll let you know when I receive any further information from our Future Fibre team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Hi Chris! 

I just received a text from the future fibre team cancelling my order because fibre isn't available in my area. However, I can assure you that it is as my neighbour has fibre with talktalk, our fibre cables come from the same pole about 10 metres from our properties, and I am currently piggybacking off their Talktalk wifi using a dongle. Any ideas? I can't face another whole day of calling a call centre where there is a huge delay on the line and the operator is reading from a manual, or explaining my problem over and over again to the online chat and getting no resolution. 

Thanks, 

Cathy 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31
0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

That's great, thanks Chris for all your help. I look forward to hearing from the future fibre team. 

Best Wishes, 

Cathy 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

Thanks. I'll pass this over to our Future FIbre team and ask them to take a look. I can see your service on the City Fibre portal but it's not showing on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

Hi Chris, 

I signed up on the TalkTalk website for Fibre 150 (just broadband, no phone or TV) for £28 a month on the 22nd January. I spoke to someone again last night who signed me up for the same package again using my husband's email address (I have added this to the private notes section) as they couldn't send an email to my email address for some reason. Account is still in my name and all other details remain the same. The operator surmised that our order was lost somewhere in the system despite the install having taken place. We now have to wait for another installation date, which is fairly pointless as we already have the install completed, and the Eero 6 router in situ. Is there any way that you can activate the account before the new install date because we are already connected to the cabinet, so the only thing we are missing is an ISP! 

Thanks, 

Cathy 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Thanks for the information. Could I just ask which speed service you signed up for?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Hi Chris, 

The problem is the same after restarting the modem and router. I have phoned eero support too, and they have asked me to plug my laptop in to the modem directly via the ethernet cable. There is no internet connection when I do this and they say this is why the eero cannot complete set up, and the 4 green lights on the ONT are meaningless as the cable is clearly showing that despite green lights, there is no internet connection. Please can you advise what we can do as it's a very frustrating situation and I have got little else done today aside from call/chat online/email people for support, and I can't work as I have no internet connection. 

Best Wishes, 

Cathy  

0 Likes