cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

What is EERO?

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

As part of my new fibre connection, or of the random boxes I've received appread to be called "EERO". There is not explanation as to what it is or what it's for. The instructions say:

Step 1: download the app.

No. No. No. No. are you completely insane? Tell me what it is and what it does, then I'll decide IF I want to plug it in to my network or download any app.

NB, again, I am OBLIGED to put a "label" on my post. EEPRO is not one of the options. What should I do? this is soooo random. Is this damn thing even from TalkTalk?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

No, the 5364 will work perfectly with Full Fibre, just connect its red WAN port to the ONT via an Ethernet cable. However, it does not support Digital Voice, which, as in your other thread, I explained about the Grandstream DVA. You may be able to use that connected to an Ethernet port of the 5364. Perhaps if you ask the staff on here nicely, they might swap your 5364 for a 5464, which natively supports DV.

Please remember that all Community Stars are just customers like yourself & have no input on TalkTalk policy as to what router they supply with what package. Please do not direct comments to us about not having a mobile. Please forward this comment to TalkTalk themselves.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

It's the Sagem FAST 5364 that I have. I'm pretty sure it's ADSL+2 only. Yes 150. Fingers crossed. It would be a bit silly not to have a web interface. My wife's parents went to BT because they said TalkTalk kept gibbering on about apps. They don't have mobile phones at all!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Which router are you currently using?

Does it have fibre or a cover over an input marked phone?

If so you should still be able to use that on your new connection.

I'm assuming you've signed up to 150 or higher. The Eero is TalkTalk's router of choice but as you don't have a smart phone you can use, staff should be able to supply you with an alternative.

They are back tomorrow so hopefully will respond then.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I appreciate that you folks don't run the company, but no-one asked me if I had a device capable of running an app when I signed up. I have a company phone and It's locked such that I'm quite unable to install apps on it.

Apart from anything else, who in their right mind would connect some random box to their network, which they received in the post? I'm guessing everyone would, except me.

Does the box also incorporate a WiFi AP, please? I need to be exceedingly careful during the handover, since all my IoT devices hang off my Router and are quite dependant on its SSID and password, and ability as a DHCP server.

I trust the box can be managed from a web browser as an option?

0 Likes

kdmcm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

That's nice. So, when do I receive my mobile phone, or other device which can run an "app"?

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

It is your new router.

It is controlled via an app instead of using an interface on your web browser.

Details can be found here 

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/wifi-hub/eero

I use one, with no problems

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes