cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

When will I be wired up to full fibre

Weevie
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

https://bidb.uk/ tells me that BT openreach FTTP is LIVE at my premises - which surprised me !

BUT this means that TT should also be available....

Could you please confirm a date by which time, I will be able to connect at FTTP speed ?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Weevie,

I'm sorry, I don't know when Future Fibre will be available to you. I'd suggest just checking the availability checker, every so often - Full Fibre Broadband | FTTP Checker & Provider | TalkTalk

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

No, they don't rely on Openreach as the only Full Fibre provider - that's the whole point of competition. 

In many places they use City Fibre, which can be available in the same street as Openreach's infrastructure. 

And there are other companies too available to the ISPs.

It just depends who wants to do a deal with whom, before it ever reaches the system for customers to apply for FFTP.

Often Openreach or CityFibre pops advertising through the door when it is installing the system in the area. They tend to list all the companies they have dealings with. As usual, that is a general list and doesn't mean that FF is actually available with Talktalk at that very moment. 

Availability is not published in advance of it being added to the ISP's list of offers.

You just have to keep checking back with the ISP.

Probably best to renew normal FTTC and they will offer an upgrade as and when it becomes available, @Weevie.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@Gliwmaeden2I assume that since TT rely on Openreach for connectivity - then TT would be available at the same time as the competition - just as soon as the connection is available ?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@Chris-TalkTalk 

no it doesn't but that means absolutely nothing

When local fibre was available (around 7 years ago) - I was not told via MY ACCOUNT

I was told by google !!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

There's no logic in your statement, @Weevie. Just because BT has it available doesn't mean that Talktalk does - it depends on which deals Openreach has with which providers and current availability on their systems. It can't happen all at once.

In some areas one ISP will use City Fibre in the same street as others use Openreach - there are far more service companies for the ISPs to choose from than in the old days.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Weevie,

Does it show as available in My Account?

Chris

0 Likes