cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

eero 6 router rubbish

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I decided to "upgrade" to the fibre 150 service from the fibre 65 i was on.

Since powering up the eero 6 hub the connection to my ring cameras is ABYSMAL !

I was getting FULL connection on my old speed but this so called faster more stable service hardly connects to my cameras two of which are within 10 feet of the hub.

I cannot connect a "repeater" or a mesh type network to this piece of garbage as it only has two ethernet ports and i am not in a position to pay the extortionate price to Amazon for the eero 6 "repeaters".

Therefore can i send back this rubbish and cancel my account as i am within 14 days cooling off period, OR Can i use a multi port ethernet hub to make my own "mesh" network ?

P.S the signal to my wife's laptop and our smart tv is also garbage, we have never experienced the buffering circle so much since changing the service. It's supposed to be better not worse !

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Have you tried the My Connection speed test via Service Status Dashboard on this forum, @Mally4?

That should indicate how far off the guaranteed minimum you are getting. 

Staff will reply after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

I cannot use the old router as i upgraded to fibre 150 and returned the old router as per instructions.

Speaking of which -- I did a speed test at www.speedtest.net and it measured my "150" to be 41.34 download and 20.11 upload. Screen shot attached.

So where exactly is the speed i'm paying for ?

Is this a case of false advertising or breach of contract ?

Let me know talktalk.

Image1.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

If you need staff support for this, @alanjc, please follow up on your own thread.

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

alanjc
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I to have had trouble with the Eero I live in a small house and have just had full fibre installed and the WiFi keeps dropping from 150 to less than 20 in other rooms old modem was great and could even get full speed at the end of the garden, very disappointed as I was led to believe full fibre would be great. first had real trouble with TalkTalk since being with them from the very beginning.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Mally4,

You should be able to continue to use your old router if you prefer, if it's the wifi hub.

(There is information about leaving TalkTalk here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support)

Chris

0 Likes