cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

backup config router gone from version SG4K100174

roylamonby
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

hi, i think taking away the config backup is bad very bad,

you have with in the router , customise names  and  icon,  that we the customer

can customise, and we are the people who are  paying your wages,

but now you tell us , you will not restore the save config feature,

but the router allows us to customise all the devices, which i do, but we cannot save the customised devices, that is a bad very bad.

and the factory default gets rid of the customise work, 

because we cannot save our config,

you should put in place on a factory default the ability for the reset to load our customised details, that should be saved with in the router. and be loaded with a yes / no window after the reset has been done. when re logging into the reset router.

if you can remove the save /restore config, you should be able to do what i suggest above.

this has put your customer relations for me, to be  lowest of the lowest. for a big company.

(account updated.)

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi roylamonby,

I can see that Keith has answered your question. Thanks for your feedback, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

The factory default option is supposed to clear out any of your data & restore the router to its default condition.

Whilst I understand your disappointment with the removal of the Backup & restore facility, as I have said before this is not coming back.

I will however pass your comments on to TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes