cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

full fibre 150

davealbert
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I am having full fibre 150 installed in a couple of days. I do not require the facilities of the to be supplied eero router for reasons that everything works very well with the current talktalk wifi hub 1 for my limited requirementscurrent routercurrent router and I see no reason to have an Amazon connection to the account. Talktalk have finally agreed that the eero, although part of the package is not essential but recommended.  They have confirmed that my router is a hub but I post a picture here for your confirmation. I originally, with the contract coming to and end, was opting for fibre 65 but was sold the 150 by the advisor.

So my question: Is there any downside to keeping my original router, it adequately works well with our fibre 40 service for whole house coverage and usage.  And am I right in assuming that any speed drop would be minimal.

Thank you for your anticipated advice.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi davealbert,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for your feedback 🙂 I'd keep a hold of the eero as a back up.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Installation was done this morning with minimal inconvenience and a very tidy job by openreach. Original talktalk wifi hub as photo connected so a seamless installation. Speed test showing around 140ish download speed. Shall hang on to the eero just in case there are any problems. Thanks to everyone for help.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

Thanks for your post. It should be fine to use the Wifi Hub but please let us know if you do experience any issues.

Thanks

Michelle