cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Telephone Line Stuck In Engaged Mode

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 33

Hi guys, hopefully I can get some “pointers” or assistance with a telephone problem? I’m using Full Fibre with a Grandstream box to link the telephone line… unfortunately, it appears to be stuck in engaged mode, preventing both incoming and outgoing calls to our home phone. I’ve already unsuccessfully tried rebooting the Eero and reseting the Grandstream… the telephone (blue) light on the Grandstream is continuously flashing and the telephone handset just gives out a continuous engaged tone! Our internet signal is unaffected!

Does anyone have any more ideas for me to try please???

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Hi TaffStrat,

ah no not at all. I wasn't sure what the blinking light meant either, I had to look it up. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Michelle

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 33

Thanks for that Debbie, we've just checked that and there was an unanswered voicemail from earlier in the week! 😳🙈😂 Problem now sorted, many thanks for your response!… feel a right idiot now!🤷‍♂️🙈😂

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi TaffStrat,

Can I just confirm is it slow blinking or rapid blinking? Slow blinking means that you've got a voicemail and rapid blinking means off the hook or user busy.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 33

Hi Debbie, just an observation (although our telephone line appears to be fully functional), the telephone (blue) light on the Grandstream dva is still flashing intermittently despite having been reset twice! Should this be happening???

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes

Message 5 of 33

Hi @PaulE 

I'm so happy to hear this, thanks for letting me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 33

I have now reset the DVA with a pin as you suggested and it now seems to be ok. It accepts incoming calls and can make outgoing calls so that seems fixed.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 33

@PaulE 

Apologies. Our Network Engineers have asked if you could try resetting the DVA again please, holding the pin in until the leds on top start blinking simultaneously. Please let me know if there is any change following this.

0 Likes

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 33

Mine is unchanged. Outgoing calls are engaged and it does not see incoming calls.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

Hi TaffStrat

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Thank you very much for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 33

Hi Debbie, after resetting the Grandstream and all relevant equipment, I can confirm that our telephone line (both outgoing and incoming calls) is now back up and running! Many thanks!

Brian Chaloner

Message 11 of 33

Hi TaffStrat

Our engineers have identified the problem and are actively working to deploy the fix. We expect this to automatically update on your equipment in the early hours of the morning and your normal service to resume. We sincerely apologise and understand the inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your patience whilst we have worked to resolve this issue.

Please can you retest?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Our Service status page has now been updated

We are aware customers with FTTP services are currently experiencing issues making and receiving calls, our engineers are aware of the issue and are working hard to a resove this. We will provide any updates here, we apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

Hi Paul

Apologies, I will post back as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 33

Yes mine is almost exactly the same (I messaged Michelle a few moments ago). With mine all 3 lights on the Grandstream are on, not flashing, but any outgoing call is engaged and the it doesn't respond to any incoming call. I too have turned everything off for half an hour.

0 Likes

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 33

Many thanks Debbie!… I’ll await further response.

Brian Chaloner

Message 16 of 33

Hi TaffStrat

I'm really sorry about this.

Our Network/Incidents Team are looking at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

0 Likes

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 33

Hi Michelle, apologies for delayed response… I’m just back from school runs etc! Have powered down all relevant equipment and the problem has unfortunately not been resolved!… the phone line is still “locked” in engaged mode, the blue phone icon on the Grandstream is still slowly flashing and we are still unable to make or receive calls!

As previously mentioned, we have elderly relatives with medical issues… so we rely on the phone for potential related calls.

Many Thanks! 

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

Hello,

Update on my last post -

We’re aware that some Full Fibre Digital Voice (VoIP) customers are currently unable to make and receive  calls.

Latest update: 08:10am 13th December 2023

Service has been restored, we recommend if you're still being affected, to power down both the eero router and the Grandstream digital voice adapter and use the factory reset pin, this will clear the issue.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Hi TaffStrat,

I'm sorry for the delay. Have you tried powering down the ONT, router and DVA since the incident has been resolved just to see if this works? If not then we can pass this over to our Faults Escalation Team for further investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 33

Yes, I’ve experienced the very same this evening!… “Sorry we had a problem checking your services”. After checking “outages/issues” on the web, TalkTalk are claiming to have solved the problem… unfortunately not on my service though!

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes