cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Telephone Line Stuck In Engaged Mode

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 33

Hi guys, hopefully I can get some “pointers” or assistance with a telephone problem? I’m using Full Fibre with a Grandstream box to link the telephone line… unfortunately, it appears to be stuck in engaged mode, preventing both incoming and outgoing calls to our home phone. I’ve already unsuccessfully tried rebooting the Eero and reseting the Grandstream… the telephone (blue) light on the Grandstream is continuously flashing and the telephone handset just gives out a continuous engaged tone! Our internet signal is unaffected!

Does anyone have any more ideas for me to try please???

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 33

Thanks for the reply. I have checked this and run a line test. All I get is the message "Sorry we had a problem checking your services"

Message 22 of 33

It's just worth checking Service Status Dashboard to see if anything has been highlighted as a glitch.

You find it under Help with your Service in the community forum menu.

That area also takes you to My Connection, but further down the page you get status updates for broadband,  phone, email etc:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 33

Their certainly not rushing the fix as it's been around 8 hours now of no landline. 

0 Likes

PaulE
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 33

How did you get this notification from TalkTalk? I've spent hours today trying to sort this problem but if I had known there was a glitch it would have saved me that.

The TalkTalk "technical help" chat line clearly knew nothing about this.

Message 25 of 33

@Modelman, it's a known issue and they are working on it.

Screenshot_20231212-181216_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Modelman
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 33

I'm having the same issues however it started off with just cutting calls off after 10 seconds, then migrated into the constant engaged tone.

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 33

We’ve only noticed this today, but have experienced issues generally with telephone “freezing” and no calls out over recent months…. But they've usually resolved themselves when the equipment has been reset! 

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes

Message 28 of 33

Thanks for trying that. An incident has now been raised for problems making and receiving calls on VoIP, please see - Service Status | TalkTalk Help & Support

Has the issue only started today?

Chris

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 33

Hi Chris, I’ve just turned everything back on after a half hour “power down”, but sadly everything is still the same!… the blue telephone light on the Grandstream is still flashing (slowly) and the telephone still appears to be stuck in “engaged” mode with the audible engaged signal on the handset… no calls in or out! Could you assist/intervene please, we rely on the house phone for elderly relatives and associated potential incoming medical related calls? Many thanks!

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes

Message 30 of 33
0 Likes

TaffStrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 33

Will do Chris!… I’ll leave them off for 30 mins or so now! Many thanks!

Brian Chaloner
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 32 of 33

Hi TaffStrat,

Could you switch the ONT, eero and grandstream off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris