cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

poor upload speed

pintudey
Team Player
Private Message
Message 51 of 51

Hi,

I got my Fibre 500 today, downloading speed seems very good as expected however, the upload speed is between 1.5 - 7 Mbps. which is well under SLA (71Mbps) even though the speed test on eero app shows 35Mbps upload. 

Also, no eero advanced security is enabled.

Could you please help

Thank you

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 1 of 51

Thanks, I'll pass this back to our Future Fibre team. I'll let you know when I receive an update, or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 51

Hi,

It's connected to the ONT now.

pintudey_0-1696508257240.png

Thank you

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 3 of 51

OK thanks. Could you connect the router to the ONT again please and let me know when you've done this

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 51

Hi,

Yes, same place, as ONT located just behind it. 

Thanks

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 5 of 51

OK, I see, thanks. Is the TP link router located in the same place as it was when connected to the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 51

Hi Chris,

Three offers a broadband service over 5G, so I have borrowed one of them from my friend to test. My TPlink router is now connected to the 5G hub instead of the ONT. 

5G to TPlink5G to TPlink

Thank you

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 7 of 51

Hi Pintu,

Could you explain your setup with the three 5g hub and the TPlink router, sorry I'm not familiar with the hub

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 51

Also just to let you know that the replaced Eero device has been returned. Thanks

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 9 of 51

Hi,

The Three 5g broadband hub connected to the same TPlink router (same caballing and without any config change or channel optimisation), gives me a much better upload. so it's definitely an issue with TalkTalk and Openreach.

pintudey_0-1696436593144.png

Thank you,

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 10 of 51

Thanks. That does point to it being an issue with wifi congestion in your local area. Is the TPlink currently connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 51

Hi,

Yes! Same as Eero. 😑

Thank you

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 12 of 51

Thanks for the information. So you get equally slow wifi speeds with the Tplink router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 51

Hi Chris,

This is what I am getting across all my devices over the wifi.

pintudey_0-1695287070806.png

Would you be able to provide me with the Broadband Service ID so I can run a diagnostic test myself?

(I am dying to find out why only the upload speed has the issue, if problem with channel congestion then the download speed should be affected right?  )

pintudey_1-1695287462064.png

I got a Tplink router AX3000 (wifi6) last evening unfortunately the issue remains.

Thank you

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 14 of 51

OK thanks, and wireless speeds are lower than this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 51

Hi,

I am currently using cat8 cable connected to my router eero

Getting around 37Mbps (on eero's app 45Mbps)

Thank you - Pintu

PintuChrome-cat8Chrome-cat8

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 16 of 51

OK thanks, what throughput speeds are you getting at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 51

Hi,

Ok, I will send the Eero without the box.

Basically, the engineer had a device to read the light level from the fibre, anything in the range between 14 to 20 they considered a good connection.  mine was 17. They have replaced the ONT, and I am getting 52Mbps MAX at ONT, after replacement.  However, from Router degrades even more. 

Thank you

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 18 of 51

Hi Pintu,

Did the engineer say why the real upload speed is low?

Sorry, we don't have bigger returns bags, you can send the eero back without the box

Chris

0 Likes

pintudey
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 51

Hi,

Openreach engineer just checked the line, it seems the max upload I can get is 52Mbps, again which is below SLA. 

However my real upload speed remains very slow, and I do know how it can be fixed. 

Anyway, the return bag provided with the replacement eero is too small for the box. Could you please send me a large bag?

Thank you

Pintu

MrDey
0 Likes

Message 20 of 51

Hi pintudey,

You should have received a returns bag with the new eero, if you could use this to return the old eero we can then arrange a refund

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes