cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Future Fibre65VOIP service but VOIP does not work

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 96 of 96

CityFibre installed and activated my new (Future) Fibre65VOIP service today but left without ensuring that the Digital Voice service was working.   On contacting TalkTalk Technical Support I was told that the Digital Voice service needed to be set up and that it could take a week for that to happen!  

So, at the moment, when my Gigaset DECT cordless phone is plugged into the Phone socket of the Wi-Fi Hub 2 router the phone line is dead.   The phone line is still working however when plugged into the Master Socket of the old copper line. 

The Internet appears to be working fine with 4 green lights on the CityFibre ONT and white light on the Wi-Fi Hub 2 Router, although on Day 1, upload speed is about twice as fast as download speed. 

Can something please be done to expedite the activation of the Digital Voice service?   Thanks. 

95 REPLIES 95

Message 41 of 96

Yes I'm sure you will be able to upgrade to VoIP but I can't say when at the moment.

Regarding the second question, sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I can't really see how you would be disadvantaged

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 96

@ml2000  Message 47 is no longer a question as the message numbers shift as a new one is added. You will have to ask your question again.

Message 43 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. If you'd like to make a complaint there are details how you can do this here - Raising a complaint - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 44 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk   

Please can I ask you to respond to my questions in Message 47.     Please also raise a complaint on my behalf to the CEO's office or advise how I can do this.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 96

ml2000,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk    I cannot let this go as simply an error and would ask that you please raise a complaint on my behalf with the CEO's office.  

0 Likes

Message 47 of 96

I have the transcript of a chat with TT that also told me I could get VOIP before I committed to upgrading to Full Fibre. I didn't believe them at the time as I had heard rumours that it was not available. After further questions and further investigation it was confirmed that I could not get VOIP.

My post was recently updated to include the link the the TalkTalk Digital voice service and I have been told to contact the team to get the upgrade. Its a total mess.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I'm sorry about this, I know it must be really frustrating. It certainly seems that you've been misinformed but I'm sure there was no intention to deliberately lie to you. I thought myself that VoIP was now available from City Fibre. 

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 49 of 96

So the link  https://new.talktalk.co.uk/digital-voice and even videos on YouTube are meaningless.

What a mess the VOIP service is.

These promotions and videos need taking down if TalkTalk cannot provide the service advertised. Its false advertising and clearly @ml2000 was clearly sold something that just doesn't exist.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Unbelievable that an order dealt with by TalkTalk Loyalty and processed by the dedicated TalkTalk CityFibre Team results in such a fundamental 'error'.   Every TT person I spoke to about the order assured me that VOIP would be supplied.   I am extremely unhappy that I have been dealt with in such an unprofessional and shoddy way and effectively lied to. 

So if my voice service is to remain on Copper Leave-Behind..

• will VOIP eventually be available to me and by when?
  • will I be disadvantaged in any way should I want to go for faster speed or switch to another ISP, or in any other way?

0 Likes

Message 51 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I'm sorry about this but I've received confirmation that we currently don't supply VoIP on City Fibre circuits, this was an error and shouldn't have been raised as a VoIP order

Chris

0 Likes

Message 52 of 96

OK thanks mrwrighty, I'm trying to get clarification

Chris

0 Likes

Message 53 of 96

@Chris-TalkTalk  This link says otherwise

https://new.talktalk.co.uk/digital-voice

I raised this exact query based on the advert above https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/VOIP-Now-available-via-City-Fibre/m-p/2949125#M153476...

Was told to contact the Full Fibre team if I wanted to upgrade to VOIP.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I'm going to ask our provisioning team to take a look at this as the feedback I'm getting is that we don't currently supply VoIP on City Fibre circuits and this should be copper leave behind (voice service via existing copper line) - I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 55 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk   Just to advise that the landline is working again both outgoing and incoming but only via the Copper circuit.  

Yesterday evening I received a TT email confirming that my Full Fibre Service was live and inviting me to connect my landline phone into the Router to activate the Digital Voice service.   At time of writing, the Digital-Voice service still does not work!  

As the temporary Copper landline issue appears to have been resolved, I am wondering what the TalkTalk Engineer visit booked for Friday 10/02 afternoon might hope to achieve?   My only aim now is to get the Digital-Voice service I was contractually promised. 

0 Likes

Message 56 of 96

OK thanks. I'll look into it and get back to you.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk    No, CityFibre is not mentioned anywhere on the Contract but Fibre65VOIP is stated three times.  

The order for the new 18 month Fibre65VOIP contract was passed from TalkTalk Loyalty to the dedicated TalkTalk CityFibre Team  to process and confirm.  

0 Likes

Message 58 of 96

Thanks, I've taken a look, Does it say City Fibre on it anywhere?

0 Likes

Message 59 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk   Have just PM'd you the screenshot. Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 60 of 96

Hi ml2000,

I'm sorry about this but did you get an email confirmation that shows that it's definitely VoIP. If you did then could you PM me a screen shot

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes