cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

All incoming calls are showing as withheld

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

My Go live date was the 13th October, all appeared OK but a message appeared in My Account stating that Openreach had been unable to complete the switchover and it turned out that I could not receive any incoming calls. I received an email on the 18th October saying that the service was now live however all incoming calls were showing as Withheld when I knew they shouldn't be.

I looked at the help/advice and it seemed that this may be related to enabling "caller display" in the telephone settings in My Account but on the Boosts & Privacy Settings page all I get are the column headings with no services displayed below ( I know what it should look like as I have seen the page in a friend's TalkTalk account).

I raised this as a fault/complaint on the 20th October (Complaint Ref. CMP-538207) and after several phone calls from the complaints team I have been advised by them that I have to wait 30 days after my Go live date before the system will allow me to enable caller display. I find this very hard to believe as  surely all new TalkTalk customers would be similarly affected which would be totally unacceptable.

Whilst waiting for the complaints team to complete their investigations I have read through similar cases on the Forum and tried the suggested checks on my set-up and equipment but none of which helped.

Could someone from the TalkTalk support team please advise me on this problem ?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PHOEBE9
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

All incoming landline numbers showing withheld how to take off

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19
0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

I had reason to log in to MyAccount today and am pleased to report that options for phone settings are now displaying correctly, Thanks for your assistance in resolving this issue which has hopefully also been fixed for all other users affected.

Jed32 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19
0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

After 8 months of waiting I still have no options available in the phone settings in MyAccount ! I repeat my earlier question; HOW MANY ACCOUNTS ARE AFFECTED AND WHEN WILL THIS PROBLEM BE FIXED ?

To add some context I have included a screenshot of a post made by Gliwmaeden2 as a reply to query raised by RussellC on 17/01/24.

Screenshot 140524Screenshot 140524

The implication being that TalkTalk are fully aware of the issue but are either unable or unwilling to do anything about it.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Jed32,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve There is an open incident so we are aware that there is an issue affecting a number of customer but we have no resolution time frame at the moment. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

It is now almost 4 months since I first posted this problem and I still have no options available in the phone settings in MyAccount, I have included a screen shot of the relevant page as clarification.

Arne, you have advised that this is a bigger problem with MyAccount affecting other customers, does this not give it a higher priority ?

How many accounts have this problem and when will it be fixed ?

Screenshot 220224Screenshot 220224

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Sadly i can only repeat my last post on this issue, ts a wider issue that is effecting other customers aswell, so may need a bigger fix than first thought. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

I'll re-escalate this for you, @Jed32.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

Hi Arne, It's now well over a month since your reply on this topic and sadly I still have no options for telephone settings available in MyAccount, can you please give an update on when this problem is going to be fixed.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Jed32

My Account is still being looked at its a wider issue that is effecting other customers aswell, so may need a bigger fix than first thought. 

Sorry its on going.

0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Hi Arne, Caller display is still working fine on incoming calls but sadly I am still not getting any options displayed in the telephone settings in My Account, all I see are the column headings. I have visited a neighbour who is also a TalkTalk customer and on his computer I have viewed his telephone settings but if I log into my account on his computer there are no options displayed in telephone settings so I am confident that the issue is not related to my computer set-up. Could you give a nudge to the My Account technicians please.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Jed32

Yes I requested a change at the network level, which must have kicked in. 

Ive still logged the issue with My Account 

0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Thanks Arne, bizarrely I've just had an incoming call at 9:59 and the caller's number was displayed. I checked by ringing my landline with my mobile and that was also correctly displayed so something has changed, the problem isn't totally solved though as there are still no options showing in the telephone settings in My Account. Regards, Jed32

0 Likes

Jed32
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Thanks Arne, I have completed the security questionnaire.

Regards, Jed32

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi @Jed32 

It looks like there is a fault on the account which i will need to log as a fault 

first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes