Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Safe Switched off ( except it isnt )

themanc
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

So, after having no landline for over 6 weeks ( finally sorted ) I now have an issue with Callsafe

If someone calls my landline they get the message that TalkTalk are screening calls and to say name etc and then I press 1 to accept the call and add to my safe list.

However, there are 2 issues here

1 - If the person calls again, they are prompted again to say their name and I have to press 1 to accept

2 - Callsafe on my dashboard says its OFF. Even if I try to switch it back on again, it doesn't switch on.

Therefore, there is no list of barred numbers, nothing to let me add safe numbers etc

I have called TalkTalk and still waiting for a callback since last Monday 27th June

Why if its supposedly switched off are callers prompted to be accepted by me?

All very annoying and lack of updates from TalkTalk is frustrating

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

No company can acknowledge all issues, that would involve a lot of resource. It's also a matter of prioritisation.  Any issues are raised internally and passed to the relevant teams to work on, or to add any resolution to their current roadmap based on priority for future development or change.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

themanc
Team Player
Message 2 of 12

Sure, but why the silence from TalkTalk? Why is there nothing to acknowledge there are problems?

Not good is it?

Lack of communication stinks, it really does

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 12

Hi

If this is being dealt with by our CEO teams, then senior management will be aware and monitoring the progress of the issues. 

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

themanc
Team Player
Message 4 of 12

so you know despite numerous calls this issue hasnt been fixed. Annoyingly it is me each time having to cahse as nobody at TalkTalk has the courtesy to call with updates,

Today I am being told there are a number of issues with VOIP and there is a CEO ( whatever that stands for ) team dealing with the issues to look into them all and find solutions

its seems I have no alternative to wait and see when this issue gets fixed.

The thing I think is frustrating is that nowhere can I find anything to say TalkTalk acknowledge there are issues, nor what they are. Why the secrecy? Why not put out some communications to customers or display updates on the website?

Terrible, terrible service again

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK, I'm sorry for any inconvenience, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

themanc
Team Player
Message 6 of 12

Yeah, seen the FAQ's too. I don't even have the option to add approved numbers. It says switched Off. Even if I try to switch on, which I have done numerous times it still says switched off - all very annoying

I'll have to call up again later. I just get frustrated that again its me having to call up and ask for help

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks, should have had an updated by now. Could you take a look at the following help article and let us know if the suggestions help - How to use CallSafe - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

themanc
Team Player
Message 8 of 12

HI Chris,

Yep, called them last Monday as mentioned on original post. They had no idea why wasn't working so escalated to back office ( or somewhere like that ) and still waiting for an update. 

Thought I would post on here to see if I am an isolated case

How long should I usually have to wait for the update coming back if I called 8 days ago? 

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

OK thanks, Have you tried speaking to our Future Fibre team, they should be able to help with this

Chris

0 Likes

themanc
Team Player
Message 10 of 12

Yes I do have Voip, goes through eero router and the grandstream black box

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi themanc,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with CallSafe. Could I just ask if you have VoIP?

Chris

0 Likes