cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller Display Not Working

Steve789
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Since transferring from Shell, Caller Display does not work on my home telephone. I have been on live chat who have not resolved the issue. Caller display is activated on my account but all I get is 'Incoming Call' on the phone screen.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Steve789

Sorry that this is still a problem.

It will need to be logged as a fault. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

@Steve789, are you close to your end of contract date (set up by Shell)?

The same date applies to your Talktalk contract, so you would need to give them longer than this to have any chance of early termination fees being waived.

Not sure if they would be at all for a caller display function not working  - usually it's core service faults not being sorted that makes this possible. 

You'd need to check.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

I have re-escalated this to the support team for you, they will respond as soon as they can once they are back online from Monday.

0 Likes

Steve789
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

Well its now over 2 weeks since caller display was added back to my profile but still doesnt work. I notice quite a few other threads reporting the same issue so I am assuming its a fault within Talk Talk that cannot be resolved. As I rely on caller display to filter out any unwanted scam callers it looks as if I will have to look for another service provider to resolve the issue.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Steve789

I have requested for caller display to be added as requested. 

Regards

0 Likes

Steve789
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Could you please add caller display back on and I can check if it is working,

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

The issue is intermittent and has been ongoing for a while, sometimes using a different browser works, but you can request it via this community or by using live chat. 

0 Likes

Steve789
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

So I now have the caller display switched off, how do I switch it back on again as the update button is broken?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi @Steve789

Your contract hasn't been changed or renewed the Automatic email email has been reported before as its wrong. Can you PM it to me so I can report it once again. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Steve789
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

Why have i just received an email saying My new and improved package £34.95 A new month contract applies? I havent asked for a new contract. I just wanted the caller display issue fixing.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi @Steve789

There is a known fault with My Account where the update button is missing, I have added your account details to the fault ticket.  

I have removed caller display from this side. 

Regards

0 Likes

Steve789
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi Michelle,

I have attempted to disable caller display but when I untick the box I cannot see an update box, so every time i leave the page it just reappears as an add on?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try removing the Caller Display service in your My Account, wait 4 hours and then re-add the Caller Display Service in your My Account again please.

Michelle

0 Likes