cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller Display not working

jhdt56dw
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Hello - Despite having had Caller Display activated on my account for many years, it is no longer working. My phone only displays "Incoming call", while its 'Caller List' option states that I need to subscribe to a Caller Display service.

Is there something I can do to make this work again?

23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi RoryMick,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

RoryMick
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 24

I have the same problem. Doing my head in.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

That's great news jhdt56dw, thanks for letting me know

Chris

Message 4 of 24

Chris - to let you know that for the one number with which I've tested it, Caller ID seems to be working again for me.

Thanks very much again for your help with this.

Message 5 of 24

That's great news, thanks for letting me know

Chris

Message 6 of 24

Chris,

I've just spoken with your colleague at the Network team and he has explained what they will do to try and fix the issue. He has also said that he'll contact me next week to confirm the fix.

Thanks very much for your help and guidance with this, much appreciated.

Message 7 of 24

OK thanks, I'll ask our network team to take a look

Chris

Message 8 of 24

I've tried with the old phones I replaced, unfortunately it's also showing as "Incoming call" for a known, stored number.

Thinking on it, the old phones had a talking Caller ID function, where the name of who was calling was announced. While this previously worked flawlessly, it had for some time come to be working only intermittently.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24
0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

I'll try now.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Just before I ask our network team to take a look, do you have another telephone that you can test with, just to make sure that there's not a fault with the handset?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

OK, thanks for letting me know, I'll pass this to our network team and ask them to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Morning Chris - unfortunately it's still not working, only showing "Incoming call" as before.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi jhdt56dw,

How is it this morning, still not working?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

OK thanks. Could you try it again in a couple of hours and if it's then still not working we'll pass it over to our network team for further investigation

Chris

Message 16 of 24

Chris,

I've logged back in and see that you had successfully reactivated Caller Display on my account. Unfortunately it's still not working, confirmed by a friend also calling my landline number.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Thanks. Caller display is showing switched off at the moment on our systems so I'll switch it on now but this may take a few hours to take effect

Chris

Message 18 of 24

I've done so now, Chris.

I've also just logged back into 'My Account' and can see that Caller Display has been removed. Should I add this back again as you suggested previously?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi jhdt56dw,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

As you suggested, I've tried to remove Caller Display (CD) from within 'My Account', Chris.  In fact, I've now done so three times, logging out and in after each removal of CD, to be presented with the following message:

"Your order contains Caller Display - Free which you've already successfully placed. To see an update on which boosts you have we need you to logout and then login again. You'll also be able to order more boosts too."

I now have no idea whether CD is included on my account, or not.

0 Likes