cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display not working.

swtc44
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I also have no caller display, was fine but after having full fibre connected I lost this service. I have tried turning it on and off in my account but it still gives me nothing on my phone.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

HI swtc44

You will need to call the Future fibre team , from what I can see caller display was turned off on the 17.07, and there is a request to re-add it on the 18.07 .  The future fibre team will need to investigate this as the order is stuck in issued. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Morning Chris, well for two calls the caller display worked yesterday had three others when it was a blank screen or no number. Just been into my account and the caller display preference is not ticked again. It seems as if it turns itself off, I know its free but should it have a mind of its own?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Yes I have but dont know how long it will stay on. I have had my ONT and router off for an hour, I rang with my mobile and the caller display worked, I must now wait to see if the next caller shows up on my land line. Touch Wood.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

OK thanks. Have you switched caller display back on again?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Chris, I will do as you suggest in a moment but just to let you know I have  been into my account moments ago and the caller display is switched off. Yesterday I made sure this was ticked on, for some reason or another it will not stay on.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi swtc44,

Can you switch the ONT and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Morning Michelle, yes I have tried with several different handsets. Sadly it has only started to occur when I changed to full fibre to the house.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. As this appears to be intermittent, have you also tested with a different handset just to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

@swtc44, I'll re-escalate this thread, as staff have responded here, and I'll move the duplicate post out of the way. 

Look for the staff response again on here during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Michelle, Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you. I do not have VOIP just the full fibre. my phone is connected to the WiFi hub. Some days I have caller display but on others the screen is blank on my phone or it says incoming call. I have been into the settings and turned off caller display and turned it back on the following day to no avail. I have even found it has turned itself off. This is getting so annoying because I am not answering the calls I should have. Looking to you for advise please.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Morning,

Can I just confirm, do you also have a VOIP service with the full fibre or do you still have a copper telephone line for the voice service? Does Caller Display show as active if you log into your My Account? If you do have VOIP then could you confirm if the phone is connected to the Wifi hub 2 or if you have the eero and the digital voice adapter please?

Thanks

0 Likes