cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Crackling line / Line fault confirmed

mrdbristol
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Constant crackly on phone line ( internet is fine ) incoming caller cannot hear me at times, random occasions where the incoming call that i do not answer does not end unless i terminate it by picking up handset and stopping it.

Line checked on Sunday by yourselves and fault report issued, since then cannot track the fault , as the 'Track My Fault' page just shows ' We've run into a problem' and picture of an engineer/laptop.

Landline Details as per my profile

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

OK, then we can start the process to arrange an engineer for you.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Openreach 5C ( not nt5 as i said above )

0 Likes

mrdbristol
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Existing handest direct to Test socket (Openreach NT5 ) = Crackling line

Brand New handset direct to Test Socket = Crackling line

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Have to tried another handset directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' to rule out an internal issue before we progress to an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes