cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Eero 6 and Grandstream HT801 phone doesn't work following power cut.

hughg
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

I have Eero 6 and Grandstream HT801 for VoIP. Following a power cut (we are having electrical work resulting in short power cuts) the Eero 6 and Grandstream restart but the phone doesn't operate correctly. It rings but voice isn't present. Have to restart Grandstream to get voice working. I assume this is a problem related to the Eero 6 restarting and not connecting successfully to the Grandstream. How can I get these 2 devices to startup correctly?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, are the power cuts happening quite often?

Thanks

Message 22 of 24

The phone is working but only after I power down the DVA. It seems to me that when the eero and DVA restart following power cut the voice signal is not present. The phone rings but no voice is sent or received. Somehow I need to get the DVA to come online after the eero has finished getting online. This is required because I need the system to restart correctly if I am not present. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down both the ONT, eero and DVA and then once they have connected again try the below?

Can you try the following, plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes