cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Mains power failure

FlashGordon
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Mains power dropped out for a few seconds this week. Timer on the oven was flashing, also the microwave.

The super fast fibre broadband plus VOIP installation showed the normal white LED on the eero router and three blue LEDs on the GRANDSTREAM unit.

However, when I attempted a 1471 last number recall, it did not work. Re-booting the GRANDSTREAM corrected the problem,  but I also re-booted the eero although it appeared to work properly.

Short period loss of mains power frequently results from auto-reclosing switch gear designed to clear faults on the local distribution network and protect transformers and switchgear.

Mains power failure for longer periods would result in automatic rebooting of the broadband setup, but I am concerned that faults are not identified following a short period mains failure and could remain on the system indefinitely or until the network is automatically rebooted; a rare event.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

OK thanks. Power cuts in general can cause problems with routers, ONT, PCs etc. All we can do is to advise that you reboot equipment if it isn't working properly following a power cut

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chris,

Briefly, mains power dropped out for a few seconds last Thursday during the night.

Next day I got a phone call  which I was too late to pickup and so dialled 1471 for last number recall. However, this did not complete its routine even though the VOIP unit showed three blue lights and the EERO it’s one white light.

Clearly the setup had got a fault due to the short loss of mains power, but did not indicate the presence of this fault.

I rebooted the GRANDSTREAM VOIP unit and this cleared the fault and then rebooted the complete system in case there were other hidden faults. 

Long duration mains failures would automatically result in a normal system boot when the mains power recovers.

Short period mains failures are much more common in the local mains distribution network, three in my street this year.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi FlashGordon,

Apologies but I'm entirely sure what you mean. Does everything seem to be working OK now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

My aim was to alert TalkTalk and Community members to a fault which is not registered by the GRANDSTREAM VOIP or EERO router following loss of mains supply for seconds.

Safety warning, not a question.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Sorry, but what's your question?

0 Likes