cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Ghost calls

rab107
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Since getting fibre, I have been getting ghost calls every 30 minutes. BT Advanced Z phone does not ring when getting these calls. I have hundreds of call logs, which is a pain when looking for genuine caller. I dialled 1471 and it shows no trace of these calls. I have reset my Hub 2 router countless times to no avail. When going into 192.168.1.1 all these calls show up as errors. I have called T.T. Helpline and they just do not understand.   Anyone know the solution? It would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Good afternoon,

I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

All Good Debbie Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi @rab107 

Can I just check, have you received any of these calls over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I'll speak to my colleague again as the fix we implemented yesterday morning should have resolved this. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Michelle No Number calls stopped at 7.40 am on Tuesday but I got a no number call at 8.30 pm on Wednesday, when I dialled 1471 it was not registered so I presume it was coming from same source (pinging). I believe that virgin had the same problem when switching to fibre and solved it by adding a patch when updating router firmware. I also believe that when you make changes to my router for this problem,  you do not include the fix in firmware, so that when I need to reset my router for whatever reason the problem will return. This was told to me by a Talk Talk technician who is a friend of a friend. Kind  Regards  Robert

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if this has now been resolved for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi @rab107 

I made a change to a setting on the router. Hope this helps.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Thank you. It would be good if you could mention what changes you have made

Message 10 of 14
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Thank you

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi @rab107 

Apologies for this.

I've made some changes to resolve this issue. Please can you monitor the line over the next week and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Staff will sort this when they reach your thread, @rab107 - probably Wednesday now.

It's a known issue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.