cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

HOME PHONE NOT WORKING

Flaneuse
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Since Saturday 3 August phone line is dead - handset says "Check phone line".  I reported this by phone to TalkTalk and got a text message from Openreach acknowledging the fault report, saying they would investigate and that tests indicated that the fault is external to the premises. Since then, nothing. I texted the Openreach number and was instructed to contact service provider. When I called again on the TalkTalk number all it said on an automatic message was that the fault was logged and then I was texted to look at the general technical support page which is useless. Texting back to them I just got the link text again and that number will not receive calls or voice messages. The chat bot refers only to broadband.  How can I get this acted on?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 9

Yes, it's now working. Thanks.

Message 3 of 9

Good morning,

I've re-checked the fault ticket and we've received an update from Openreach to advise that they have cleared and closed the fault. Is your voice service now working ok for you?

Thanks

Michelle

Flaneuse
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Thank you.

Message 5 of 9

Morning @Flaneuse 

Openreach have advised that the fault has been assigned to an engineer this morning.

We should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @Flaneuse 

We can request further updates from Openreach if they don't update the fault ticket.

They have updated the fault to say the contractors will be working on this fault. As soon as I receive further information then I will post back here and let you know.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Flaneuse
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thanks - I did finally get past the bot on the chat and got a similar reply. It is now up to Openreach - I hope you as service provider will chase them up.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Flaneuse

Apologies for this.

I can see that this fault is currently with Openreach and they are awaiting contractors to complete work to resolve the cable fault.

I will monitor for additional updates and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie