cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home Phone Number changed

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi

Something very weird has happened to my Mum's landline and I'm hoping someone can pont me in the right direction to resolve it.

Firstly, the account I'm posting from is mine, not my Mum's. I don't (currently) have access to her account so I appreciate any advice is going to be general rather than specific.

So, my Mum lives in Tadworth, Surrey and she has fibre & phone with TalkTalk. I phoned her on Tuesday night without issue. When I called her last night the phone just rang and rang with no answer. That's odd because she has an answer phone. Anyway I didn't think too much of it as that has happened in the past when she had a fault on the line.  I emailed her today to say I think she may have a fault on the line subsequent to which she phoned me but the caller ID on my phone gave a completely different number to her landline number. 

Basically her phone number seems to have changed without her implementing anything like that. Please can someone aedvise how I can speak to TT on her behalf, who I need to speak to and how I contact them.

manby thanks

Fritz

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Fritz

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know on this thread.

Debbie

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Thank you everyone for your help. Mum just called and has her original phone number back.

Fritz

Message 3 of 10

Hi Fritz

Apologies for this. The engineer may be working on the fault.

I will let you know as soon as we receive an update from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Morning Debbie

That's great, many thanks.

A bit more info...Neither the correct nor the incorrect number are workingnow but she does till have internet (fttc).

Hope it doesn't take too long...she's 86

Fritz

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Fritz

Thanks for your reply. I have raised this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive additional information.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris

The number that comes back is the incorrect number (2****1) that I put in my profie personal notes section.

The voice said it was from Sky.

Fritz

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi FritzCT,

Thanks for that. Line test is showing a dis in the network so it looks as though your Mum has a crossed line. Could you ask her to call 17070 from her landline and confirm that it's reading back the wrong number. When we receive confirmation we can raise this to Openreach for investigation

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the quick reply. Info is updated in my profile.

Fritz

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi FritzCT

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your mums name and TalkTalk landline number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes