Need help?

Home Phone

15 REPLIES 15
dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

home phone number has changed???

dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

been on chat all day but no joy, this is unacceptable as i have lots of hospital people who need to keep in touch to further help with my liver cancer treatment. open reach sent me this message and passed it on to talktalk but no joy,,

Your provider will need to look into this for you fully and determine if this is a crossed line issue or not. If it's not then they will need to look into this as a number port.

martswain
Philosopher

What number shows in your TT account ?

Is this the same number read back when you dial 17070 ?

DON'T post the number here in public !

Have you just joined TT ?

If, so did you ask to keep your number and which ISP did you transfer from ?

Not all numbers are portable.

Martin
dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

my old number shows in my account, the new number shows in 17070, i have been with talk talk for years, if someone rings my old number it just has single tone, they have to ring the new number to get through to me, this started 2 days ago.

martswain
Philosopher

Sounds like a BTOR mess up.

Have you had any calls asking for someone other than yourself, you may get a clue from them.

Hopefully one of the Community Stars will read this issue and escalate for OCE action when they are back on Monday, but I'll nudge a couple of them for you.

Over to you @ferguson or @KeithFrench whoever wakes up first !

Martin
dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

yes its a mess up but thanks for your help, open reach says talktalk need to do this.

Your provider will need to look into this for you fully and dertermine if this is a crossed line issue or not. If it's not then they will need to look into this as a number port

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

thank you Keith, lets hope they sort it soon.

Community Team

Hi @dave mac 1954

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Community Team

HI @dave mac 1954

Line tests have picked up a fault on the line. 

I have passed this to our network team to investigate. 

dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

thank you

Community Team

Hi @dave mac 1954

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Wednesday for an update

Regards

dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

got a message from open reach today, they found a crossed wire in the box and sorted it, but still not got my old number back.

Community Team

Hi @dave mac 1954

When you Dial 17070, can you note down the number that is read back, and add it too your community profile in the private notes section

Thanks 

dave mac 1954
Popular Poster

its now showing the correct home phone number,lol, have to get talktalk to take off the transfer of calls to my mobile and back to the home phone

Community Team

Hi @dave mac 1954

I can do that, the divert will be off in the next 30 mins.