cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home phone no dial tone

Jam_bo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Dear support staff,

Today I have no dial tone on my home phone.   I had this problem last week and it was fixed last Friday but now it is not working again.  Please help.

Kind regards

Jam_bo

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Jam_bo,

I can see that this has now been raised to Openreach and an engineer has been booked. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Also, I have tried taking the faceplate off the 5c and replugging a few times in case there was a bad connection it and it has made no difference.

My talktalk broadband uses the same line and is working fine.

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

It does nothing.  I hear the touch-tones when I dial but there is no response.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

What happens if you dial 17070 from your landline? Does it read anything back to you and is it your own number, @Jam_bo?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hello again,

I still have no service - no dial tone only background noise also from the test socket, and the phone doesn't ring when dialled from another line.

Kind regards

Jam_bo

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Also, I have just tried dialing number from my mobile phone and it did not ring.

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

hear not here sorry.

0 Likes

Jam_bo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

I've just tried the same phone in the test socket and there is the same problem.  I can here background noise but no dial tone.  When I dial a number the tones sound but nothing happens.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

All line tests are showing clear, nothing obvious stands out.

Can you test the phone at the master socket or 'Test Socket' with nothing else connected and this will rule out that there is no fault internally.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes