cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

I still need my dropline moved...

ukbeachbum
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

More pieces have fallen off of my rotting pergola and no carpenter will replace my pergola until the phoneline is moved off of this terrible, temporary, collapsing, rotting wooden structure.

I have asked for help many times, and never had any luck. My post with pics from 7 months ago can be found here.

Most latest pics can be found attached to this post.

I ask again, can you please arrange for my dropline to be moved and connected directly to my house so I can replace the temporary structure it's currently attached to?

20240116_124541_resized.jpeg20240116_124631_resized.jpeg20240116_124647_resized.jpeg20240116_124641_resized.jpeg20240116_124558_resized.jpeg20240116_124607_resized.jpeg
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

I cannot say what will happen, but to summarise, you initially arranged an engineer directly with Openreach and paid them directly.    This is outside of our control and is something we cannot assist with, this is solely between you and Openreach.  We have no visibility of this and Openreach would not discuss this with us as we did not directly arrange this. 

As Openreach have advised, any such work should be arranged via your provider - ie. TalkTalk 

We can arrange this with Openreach.  To proceed, they will instruct us, as with any provider, to follow their process when booking this.

This will then involve you agreeing to their conditions and the charge for the work.

Any payment is then made via your TalkTalk bill through us.   If they fail to attend or to initiate or complete any work, we then have routes we can follow, we can communicate directly with Openreach, raise escalations with them, challenge any decisions they make etc.  If our teams think that any charge is unfair, or no work is completed, then our CEO Teams have the power to remove any charge from your bill etc.

At the end of all this however all I can say, is that as Openreach are a separate and independent company, we cannot dictate what work they do and cannot guarantee that the work would be completed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

And as I wrote in my previous thread...

on ‎18-05-2023 09:01 AM

Message 3 of 9

And we’re right back where we left thing 6 months ago…

I paid already. The engineer came. He told me the work that needs to be carried out should be arranged between my provider, you, and Openreach, not as a work order generated from me. I say again, I paid. The engineer came.

And I repeat myself again... I've done this. I paid for a visit. The OpenReach engineer told me they would not carry out any work unless the work needed was arranged through you.

Can you just tell me, in clear words, that there is absolutely nothing that you or I can do about this situation until the structure my line is attached to falls down and takes my phone and broadband service with it. Is that it? And even if my pergola does falls down, but the line still works while it's hanging in the space between my home and the pole, you still will not do anything?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

As mentioned in the previous thread, we can request an Openreach engineer to attend by raising a request to them, however they will charge for any visit and work as this is not service affecting.

We also cannot guarantee what work Openreach will do on the day.

Would you like me to raise a request to our Teams to contact you to arrange an LVR - thats what openreach term a Low Volume Request - ie. not a service affecting fault.

As per the Openreach process they will ask you to agree to their terms and conditions before a visit will proceed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes