cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

home phone

andrew66
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

i have an intermittent problem with the phone, i tried calling TT but cant get to speak to a human, i tried live chat but they just read a script that the problem doesnt fall into, i have asked them to phone me to discuss it but they refuse saying they cant phone, where do i go from here ? or do i just go to another provider ?

25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi Andrew

If there's a fault on the line then there will be no charge. You've confirmed that you've tested with 2 different telephones at the test socket and you still have the same issue so it does look as though it's a line fault.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

the phone is still faulty but i cant afford to pay you to visit so i am at the mercy of TT who have turned out to be a waste of space.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi andrew66,

If you need any further assistance just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

thank you for your kind offer, i am a stroke survivor and get mentally tired quickly, i can sort it but just takes me a bit of time to think. im trying to sort a sim only contract at the moment so i have a reliable phone and thats hard work.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 26

If I can help at all, just let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

yes i know, i had to set up the 5ghz ssid to a different name as you will know if the 2.4 and 5 have the same ssid it will cause conflicts with some devices, i still have port forwarding to set up but need to work out what ports i forwarded last time.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 26

Hi @andrew66 @Chris-TalkTalk 

Just be aware, that with this bug, the UI looks perfectly normal, but there will be no WiFi signal sent from one band or the other. If no devices are still able to connect to the 5GHz band, I would do the factory reset. The easiest way is to press the recessed switch near the power button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds while it is turned on.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

OK thanks. Your router has the latest firmware, the firmware is automatically updated. Both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands appear to be enabled.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

the one ending 1

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Just to confirm, you have two telephone number in your community profile, is this regarding the line ending in '1' or '5'?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

it happened 3 days ago by the looks of it when i reported problems with phone to TT and they started talking about internet speed and not the phone problem, to be honest TT have had me in tears over this problem by not listening to the symptoms which makes it obvious its an exchage fault.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 26

Hi @andrew66 

Have you by any chance disabled & re-enabled any of the WiFi bands in the router? If you have, there is a bug in the current firmware that means that they will never work properly again. The only workaround at the moment is to do a factory default on the router's configuration & it will be fine after that. I did report this to the developers.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

all my devices that used the 5ghz stopped working, it took me a while to realise that the router had been reset with new firmware and the 5ghz ssid had been changed back to its default. i have a feeling TT think im on voip but im actually on pots for the phone.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Sorry what do you mean about changing the settings on your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

i cant afford it although i just tried to dial out at 12.59 pm and the call failed but worked the second time and why have TT changed settings on my router when its the phone thats the problem.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has pointed you in the right direction. Please let me know if you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

as its an intermittent fault and may not show up when the engineer visits can you tell me how much it will cost so i can save up for it.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes