cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Land line no working

Stewie1
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I switched from Sky to TalkTalk on the 31/08/2024 (both broadband and phone) and since then my land line hasn't worked.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

OK, can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hello, Yes please. I would like to arrange an engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Good morning, thanks for trying that. To investigate further we'll need to arrange another engineer visit. If you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Good morning,

My phone still isn't working, I tried unplugging it and waiting but it didn't work. The last engineer that came to the house (the 5th engineer) said that the fault keeps getting raised as a broadband fault. It is not a broadband fault, the broadband works fine. The problem is with the land line and the engineer told me it needs to raised as a Line Fault.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

This has been logged out to Openreach for investigation. They have carried out work on the line and have cleared and closed the fault. If there is still no dial tone could you try unplugging the telephone base unit, leave it unplugged for a couple of minutes, then plug back in and retest 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Stewie1
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Chris,

That's right. No dial tone. There is a message on the screen of the phone that says 'Check phone line'

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Stewie1,

Is the line completely dead, no dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes