cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline not working

MerryBerry
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 7 of 7

I've just had an Openreach engineer visit as I had reported my landline was dead (reported on Fri 26th Jan) and they said that my area has moved to the new Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system and my landline wont work unless I receive a small box that connects to my router.  I haven't had any contact that this was happening.  It hasn't worked since Tues 23rd January and had reported it to you on Friday 26th.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi - I've just checked my landline and I now have the ringtone back - after a week - yay!  My mum can now call me.

I've checked outward and inward calls too (using my mobile).  I'm not sure who did what but it looks like its rectified for now.  Not entirely sure what the engineer was talking about with the VOIP as it now is obvious it hasn't reached here yet.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I've added my details now.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi MerryBerry,

Can you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Yes, the box for the FTTP service was fitted last year sometime

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Can I just confirm, have you recently upgraded to a FTTP service and did the engineer install a new box (ONT) in the property?

Thanks

Michelle